Donating chicks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kupi99, Apr 20, 2009.

1. kupi99

kupi99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    I am preschool teacher about to hatch eggs for the first time in my classroom! I should be ready to set the eggs once I can get my humidity and temp stable.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I could donate the baby chicks too? The mom in my room who is giving us the eggs is willing to take at least some chicks back, but we might have more hatch than she wants. Unforunately I don't know what kind of birds she has, but I can ask and find out, and update here. I can't raise the baby chicks myself, and I really need to find a place for our babies or we may not be able to hatch them. I am located in the Dallas area.

Thank you!
    (Mods, if this is not posted in the right place, I apologize.)

2. Lady Lavendar

Lady Lavendar Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    Houston
    Unfortunately, you are far enough away that I can't take them. I'm sure you will find plenty of people near you here are BYC. Good luck hatching your eggs. I haven't done that yet but I'm looking forward to trying.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  3. I'vegotchickenfever

I'vegotchickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Northwest Florida
    I'm sure you'll find plenty of volunteers right here at BYC! I'm too far away, or I'd help you out - but someone will come to your rescure shortly. [​IMG]

4. kupi99

kupi99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    N/m! I talked with the mom today, and she said she would be willing to take back as many as hatched.[​IMG]

Here's hoping I have a good hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by