*DONE! Anyone in Middle TN with a 'bator want to do a test hatch?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I need someone in Middle TN willing to test hatch some buff orps for me. Of the 6 buff eggs I've had under broody hens, only one has hatched. I think the problem is that they are under tiny little silkies and the weather has been freakishly cold, but I want someone with more controlled conditions to try it. The eggs I have cracked have the bullseye on them, so I'm pretty sure they are fertile. I'm just not having a lot of luck getting them to hatch out. I know daddy is doing the deed as I have hatched 7 buff mutts. I'm just wondering about my hen.

Anybody game? I'll give you eggs for free and you can keep the babies. I just need a report back on percentage hatched. I can even throw in some buff/ wyandotte mutt eggs if you want them. Those that have hatched have done great!

I'd rather not mail eggs right now, so it will need to be someone within driving distance. I'm in Murfreesboro.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Well bummer - I'm not in TN, I'm in the very western part of NC, but I wouldn't mind doing a test sometime for you or anyone. [​IMG] TaLani

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Bummer.
    I'm willing but would have to ship them... [​IMG]

4. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Yeah sure why not -- however my bator is occupied until next weekend. If you can wait that long to get started let's go for it.

5. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    I can help if you want- you can have them back or we can split what hatches. I have buff Orps too. I also have blue and black.

6. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    You guys are awesome!!

I might try two runs then- one with Covenant Creek and one with Emma.
    Where are you, Emma?

Covenant- I think I will be in Franklin first part of next week. Will that work for you?

I'd be more than happy to throw in some random mutt eggs for you both as a thank you.
    My buff roo is in with silver laced and golden laced wyandottes and a blue laced EE (as well as the buff hens).
    My mille fleur d'uccle roo is over a couple of LF EEs, a white silkie, a buff polish. There's also a mille fleur hen in there, but I think she's molting right now. [​IMG]

I've hatched the GLW & SLW mutts and they are pretty little chicks. They should be sturdy chickens and good egg layers.

Just let me know if you want the mutts. Won't hurt my feelings either way!
    Thanks for testing for me!
    [​IMG]

7. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    I'm in Lewisburg and work in Nashville. When will you be in Franklin? I am usually coming by there on I65 about 4pm on the weekdays. I don't mind hatching whatever you want, I don't plan on keeping any. I have some buff Ameraucana coming soon and all of my chickens are divided by breed. Any accidents that happen end up on the menu.

8. CovenantCreek

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Quote:That should be fine. My farm can be easily reached from either Murfreesboro Rd or 840, whichever route you're traveling.

9. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Awesome! I'm still waiting to see what day I'll be in Franklin. I usually go the back way to 840 (down Hwy99 to Eagleville, then to 31/41 and on to 840). I'll keep you posted on when I'm coming through.

Same for you Emmalynn. Let me figure out when I'm coming that way and we'll figure out when and where to hook up. We may need to wait a little longer so I can be sure of having eggs. My layers are really moody right now and you just never know what's going to come out! Slackers! I know I'll be back that way on Saturday the 21st. Would that work for you or are you driving to Nashville for work?

Thanks so much for testing for me!

10. CovenantCreek

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Whenever works best for you should be ok for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by