DONE!! w/ pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jennmugg, May 7, 2009.

1. jennmugg

jennmugg Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    Titusville Florida
    Finally! Hubby is going to put two more wheels on the front so we can drag it around easier. The roof is shingled and eventually we'll add a gutter and rain barrel.

The girls seem to like it. As soon as I open the hatch in the morning they jump down into the run, without waiting for the ramp. They have spent three nights in there, and so far so good. No signs of predators, yet.

My dogs, Bonnie and Clyde, are very excited that they are outside now. So am I , because my lovely girls were getting pretty stinky inside the brooder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Quote:<chuckle> I couldn't help but comment on your dogs' names. We had a male and female mutt from the same litter that we named Bonnie and Clyde. They were notorious, too! Good dogs. Bonnie was the alpha dog while Clyde was the laid-back, "love me all you can" dog. They were probably the best dogs we've ever had and lived to an old age. RIP (the Alabama) Bonnie and Clyde.

Oh...and I like your coop! [​IMG]

Ed

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Really nice! My only suggestion is to back up that chickenwire with hardware cloth. I see your surrounding area and you definitely have predators.

4. jennmugg

Apr 2, 2009
    Titusville Florida
    lol, thanks. Your Bonnie and Clyde sound just like mine. Bonnie is the smaller one, and she is the oldest and the Alpha. Clyde is the Golden Retriever and he is very loving and relaxed. They love to get in trouble together.

5. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    nice coop. [​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Real nice coop. Its sure beautiful where you live, lucky you!!

7. Im4dabirds

Im4dabirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Central Alabama
    Love the coop.

8. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Looks wonderful!

I also had to chuckle; at Bonnie and Clyde checking everything out.

9. jennmugg

Apr 2, 2009
    Titusville Florida
    Yes, Clyde's pedigree name is "Clyde Barrows Bandit of Lucerne".

I'm hoping he doesn't become "Clyde Barrow: Chicken Bandit".

Thanks for the compliement about the property. The house is 168 years old, and was in bad shape when we first saw it. It had been vacant for a while.

The real estate agent was 10 minutes late to our 1st appt. to see it, and I think she did that on purpose, because we got a chance to look around and we fell in love with the scenery, and that sold us on the house before we ever saw the inside.

10. Suburban chick farmer 09

Suburban chick farmer 09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis MO
    Looks good. I agree as cute as they are, they sure get stinky in the house.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by