Dong Tao/Dragon chickens?

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
Hey all! Recently I've become very interested in this breed. I'd really love to know more. Just gonna put some general questions out here.

-How ethical is this breed? Do they suffer because of their very large feet/weight?

-Are they a practical breed to keep? Do they tolerate heat/cold/different types of weather?

-Do they breed naturally/easily or do they struggle because of how they are? Are hatch rates good with this breed?

-Does anyone here breed or keep them?

Thanks for any answers!

I certainly don’t have any and don’t want any! (Plus they aren’t in the states and probably won’t be anytime soon) I can’t imagine with legs like those there aren’t some kind of health problem.

I did read somewhere that there are breeding problems as those feet get in the way, and then hen tend to crush eggs accidentally and not lay a lot to begin with. Sorry, don’t have a link to it!

I certainly don’t have any and don’t want any! (Plus they aren’t in the states and probably won’t be anytime soon) I can’t imagine with legs like those there aren’t some kind of health problem.

I did read somewhere that there are breeding problems as those feet get in the way, and then hen tend to crush eggs accidentally and not lay a lot to begin with. Sorry, don’t have a link to it!
I figured they probably had a lot of health issues but was hoping not. Ah well, there's plenty of really cool chickens out there that are healthy to breed/keep!

Back
Top Bottom