Don't blame me on the wt. gain for this dessert...lol

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by 2mnypets, Nov 28, 2007.

1. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    I have a dessert that my mom always made at Christmas time. Although it's not a traditional seasonal dessert, it reminds me of the holidays. Hope you all enjoy it.

BANANA SPLIT DESSERT
    2-3 bananas
    graham cracker crumbs
    ½ gallon ice cream
    1 c. walnuts (optional)
    ½ c. butter
    1c. chocolate chips
    1 ½ c. evaporated milk
    1 pint whipping cream
    2 c. powdered sugar

Follow directions on graham cracker crust box. Save a little bit of the graham crackers for a dusting. Lay sliced bananas down over graham cracker crust that you covered the cassarole dish with. Slice ice cream ½ inch thick and place over bananas. Freeze until firm (about 1 hour). Melt chocolate chips, butter and powdered sugar a little at a time so it doesn’t get lumpy. Pour in evaporated milk. Stir and cook until thick and smooth stirring constantly over medium low heat. Remove from heat and add 1 tsp. vanilla. Don’t stir, let it seep into the chocolate. Cool chocolate mixture completely. Gently pour over ice cream. Then freeze again. Whip the cream until stiff and add 2 TBLE. sugar or more until it tastes sweet or to your liking. When stiff spread over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with a little bit of remaining graham crackers and put back into freezer until firm.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hey I gained 3 lbs just reading this one [​IMG]
    Sounds yummy, printed it out too.....thanks for sharing, I will blame you for the extra weight?[​IMG]

3. 2mnypets

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Quote:Tell me about it. I'm allergic to banana's so mom would always just place them on half of the dessert. And don't blame me....blame my mother, dog gone her. Now I know why she only made it one time a year! [​IMG]

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] nah, really wish I could find SOMEONE to blame.........but end up back in my own face, I will make this for the holidays and start a new family tradition......... MUST LIMIT MYSELF
    MUST LIMIT MYSELF [​IMG]

5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    That sounds great!

Oh and just so you all know.....
    There are no calories from 6 am November 1st to 11:59 pm New Year's Day.
    (There are however, calories on Oct 31st til 6 the next morning. That is what we get for raiding our kids Halloween candy. [​IMG] )

6. 2mnypets

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Oh I love it! WHOOPPEE!!!!!!!!! That means then I'm still 90lbs. wet! [​IMG] Believe that one and I've got a friend named George that has some oceanfront property in Arizona. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by