Dont buy from Dorothy Douglas she sells on Ebay

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bradyteresa, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Bradyteresa

Bradyteresa Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2013
    I bought some Frizzle Cochin fertile eggs from Dorothy Douglas in Creswell NC. I got them today the post master told me before I even open the box I better call the people that shipped the box. The box was not marked Fragile eggs nothing. I understand that the mail is handled ruff and you are taking a chance but I have never bought eggs through the mail that did not have in big RED letters FRAGILE EGGS. The eggs were broken or completely smashed and I am sure what few are not broke they have hair line cracks none will hatch. I got to checking this lady out she has had 11 complaints against her for non fertile eggs. So after reading the complaints I want a full refund. The lady Dorothy Douglas is telling me her customers request plain boxes with nothing wrote on them. Does she think I'm stupid. I am in a dispute now with her and pay pal I want a full refund. I don't want any eggs from her now. When I bought the eggs I paid right then now I am going to have to fight to get my money back. It will take me 30 days or more to get it back. I am going to quite buying anything from ebay. If I go through ebay it would still be 30 days or more to get my money back.

2. gg706

gg706 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    That is HORRIBLE! Glad you posted your experience for others. Good Luck getting everything settled. Hopefully ebay will close her account, since she has had so many complaints.

3. Bradyteresa

Feb 27, 2013
    I don't like to buy when something has to be shipped. But I took a chance. I have bought button quail, various chickens through the mail all being fertile eggs and all though they all didn't hatch I still got about 80% so it was worth it. What do you raise I see you are in Ga to.

4. gg706

Jul 5, 2011
    I have not raised any to sell. I have Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and Araucanas. I may plan to in the future, but right now I do not have the facilities to hatch and sell. What breeds are looking for? There are several breeders here in Ga of various breeds.
    Just saw you purchased frizzle cochins........I do not know of any breeders right off hand. I know Gary Ramey sells cochins and frizzles but I am not certain they are frizzle/cochins

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  5. Bradyteresa

Feb 27, 2013
    Well right now I would like to get a few Frizzle Cochin bantam size. I have call ducks and Amarcaunas and 1pair of geese but have nothing yet for sell. I do have a few Amaracaunas that have hatched but only a few days old but plan on selling those babies.

6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Over here when you ship eggs it's advisable not to mark eggs fragile as it encourages the postal workers to be even rougher with them. I am not sure what is the general idea of shipping them over there but shipped eggs are always a gamble. I usually quiz a seller on how they will be packed and posted before i buy from them.Not good that seller has such a bad reputation for infertile eggs.

7. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Did you pay using Paypal? It is much easier to get your money back if you do.

8. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I sell on eBay all the time. Nothing fragile - just kids books - but 99.99999% of the time eBay sides with the buyer.
    You will get your money back and probably won't have to wait that long. As long as the transaction went through all the correct ebay channels, and not outside ebay, and you have all the proper receipts etc. you should be fine.
    JUST be sure to leave bad feedback. Hopefully they will see all her negatives and get rid of her. I really dislike unscrupulous ebay sellers. Gives us good ones a bad name.
    So sorry that happened to you. Must be incredibly frustrating when you are so excited to hatch some new chicks.

Can you look on BYC for the thread associated with your state and see if anyone close to you has what you want and can go get them?

9. gg706

Jul 5, 2011
    You could always purchase frizzle chicks and cochins chicks and cross them to create what you want. I have heard even from some of the best breeders a 50 percent hatch rate on shipped eggs is pretty good. Even with that said she should have packed them well to have them arrive in one piece. I believe Gary Ramey sells hatching eggs and chicks.

10. Bradyteresa

Feb 27, 2013
    I have posted on BYC and not had much look. I don't know how to look up by state I am new to BYC and having a hard time with some of it. I would rather pick up when it comes to baby chicks or eggs. I have not been able to find anybody close. I have turned the problem over to paypal as I had a problem one time with another item I bought and it took me a month and a half to get it resolved and I ended up paying to have the item shipped back to the person and did not get my money for shipping to me so I am not happy with ebay either. I have giving her a negative feed back on here and several other sites so I will giving her a bad reputation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by