Don't call me at 6:50 am!!!

silkiechicken

Staff PhD
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 25, 2007
Everett WA/Corvallis OR
GAH!

Was going to sleep in but NO! A caller came though 3 times till I finally answered it. It was an automated message saying that my credit card has been deactivated due to suspicious activity. Then went straight to a please enter your credit card number.

Yeah... never mind not telling me which of "my" five credit cards was deactivated and which one they want my info on so they can steal.
roll.png

I instantly assume that any early morning call is bad. I always think something bad has happened to my parents or sister's family. (yes, yes... it is a little paranoid, but after Dad was so ill, it is a logical leap.) Anyway... no one calls me at 6am for happy things.
My last early call was at 6:30am from my local post office. They had just taken a chick box off the truck and it was empty. They were freaking out!!!! Where are all the chickies?!! It never occured to me to tell them that I had ordered an empty chick box so I could mail chicks off. Apparently the store assembles them and mails them that way. The post office was all atizzy!
gig.gif

In my groggy state I was able to explain that the box was supposed to be empty and that I would be by later to pick it up. HeHe!!

holy cow that's scary! I hate that kind of stuff! I get things trying to get my craigslist password all the time but never my CREDIT CARD!

My brother taught me that valuable lesson early on... never give private info to anybody that calls you. Even if they sound legit, he says, "I have a policy that I never give out that information (credit card, social, birthday, etc.) to someone that has called me. Please give me your phone number and I'll call and provide the information."

It's so easy for anybody to find your statements (bank, credit card, etc.) in the trash or online and then call you pretending to represent the institution: "Hi <yourname>, I'm with <bank> and calling about account <account number>. I need to verify some information. For security purposes, what's your social security number and birthday?"

If they are legit they will give you a verifiable number to call. If not, they quickly hang up.

I won the Irish Lottery last week. All I had to do was send a bunch of money to a bank in Nigeria and I could collect the millions I'd won.

As my DH recently said..... "I was born at night, but it wasn't last night!"
big_smile.png

Quote:
I wish I could! I wanted my last precious 25 minutes before the wake up alarm goes off at 7:15am!

Get up at 4am to go fishing or crabbing, I am there. Call me without an emergency or for something fun, I'm going to punch them in the face.

Back
Top Bottom