Don't cha just love summer?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

We have heat advisories today, tomorrow and all thru the weekend. I have a million and one projects going at home and every one of them is outside. [​IMG]

Steve

2. TM Chickens

TM Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    No.

3. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

I know what you mean...yesterday we had severe thunderstorm and tornado warnings. Luckily no tornadoes here, but I believe there was one about an hour away in CT.

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Quote:LOL some people pay to go to a sauna...... all we have to do is walk out the door.

Steve

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I love it now that we have the pool up.

6. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    no.

7. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    It's 69* here right now and raining. But yesterday was 90* and beautiful. That's Wisconsin for you! [​IMG]

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    We are used to the heat out here....just not all the darn humidity! It's around 70%. Our usual is less than 25.

The ducks are very glad we got their new swimming area set up. They were pretty miserable last week. Yesterday they had a pool party [​IMG]

9. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    I feel your pain. The Triangle is baking in the heat and humidity. I work in A/C but my DBF is in construction, out in the sun building everyone's dream homes. [​IMG]
    Poor guy comes home absolutely wiped out from the heat. He's done it for 20 years so he's smart about it but I cannot even fathom those poor souls that have outdoor jobs - how do you do it??? He says you just get used to it.
    We have tons of outdoor projects this next few weeks. I feel guilty for even asking him to go outside when he's home. [​IMG]
    The chicks are outgrowing the tractor and the new chook house if half done and the pen needs to be started. I hate this weather!

10. TM Chickens

TM Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    Last time I checked the thermometer: 104 degrees in the shade. Humidity: 93% [​IMG] Even at midnight it's baking hot outside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by