"Don't fall off of that horse or I WILL HAVE TO KILL YOU"

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by welsummerchicks, Jan 16, 2011.

1. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    LOL.

This is a quote from international dressage trainer Conrad Schumacher. Do you have any great and memorable quotes from horse people you know?

I think horse people tend to have rather, oh let's say blunt ways of saying things.....especially if we are writing them checks! It somehow emboldens and makes them even more brazen...LOL!!!!

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] That sure does bring back memories!

3. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Sounds like the old equestrian team coach at Tawas, screaming at and insulting her daughter and telling her daughter was worthless unless she won all her speed events.

4. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    My mom rode at Ivory Farms in Detroit, long ago (60s? 70s?), and the trainer the was that way [​IMG] I don't know his name, but I know those exact words came from him many times.

5. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    I was being urged to take my nutbar colt out on a hack, after he had just put in a particularly unique spate of bucking. The trainer said, 'All MAY be well, but if it is not, can I have your saddle and your car?'

Another great quote was from the famous hunter trainer Bill Bond, 'YOU HAVE TO WORK!!!!!'

LOL.

And another, 'LET'S SEE A HALF HALT THAT WORKS!!!' followed by a disgusted, 'THANK you' when it is FINALLY done to satisfaction, LOL.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

"DON'T sit there like a lump of potatoes, MOVE!" That was my riding instructer when I was having problems with the sitting trot. [​IMG]

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    DD's instructor always told her "Practice doesnt make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect". She'll always remember him for that!

8. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Lyndon Gray, couching at a three day event as she walked the cross country course with us. " You can stop and have a picnic if you want after you have made it over the jump. I don't care if you are hanging on his neck while you are going over, just stay on."

9. RiverOtter

RiverOtter Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Oxford, AR
    My first instructor, after I had finally gotten a reluctant TB mare to go over a jump - in a somewhat spectacular way.

"That was great! I think you stayed on all 8 seconds..."

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  10. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Hmm, where to start? I had a particularly brilliant & cantankerous instructor. Most of the things he said, I can't post on open forum but maybe I can think of a few. It was a long time ago...
    GROAN-saying the word in a despairing voice.
    Wart was what he called a horse giving trouble. Get that little wart back in here & make him do it.
    Make like a fairy godmother.
    I can't think of many today but he was a hysterical man to listen to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by