Don't go incubator shopping when you are frustrated

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mediazeal, Jan 22, 2010.

1. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    I have a perfectly running Brinsea Octagon 20 Advanced. Hatches great. Hold temp at whatever I set it at on the digital monitor (no tiny knobs that seem to always change their minds about what they really mean). It has 24 eggs in it (it's max).

My problem is I have too many eggs. [​IMG]

I also have a fairly new GQF cabinet incubator. If I keep the room temp even, it can keep the internal temp even, but the turner decided to stop today, mid incubation. It had 18 eggs in it with my beautiful 'extreme' eggs ready to go in. [​IMG]

My back up in an old-red-wooden-GQF cabinet incubator. I dragged it to the room I am trying to keep at an even temp (a little lower than the rest of the house), hooked it all up, got the temp up and put in the 18 mid-incubated eggs and the new tray of 30 extremes.
    (I have another post with pics of all the eggs I got from ONTHESPOT in the last crazy auction thread). It's hard to get the temp just right in these (for me) and hard to get it to hold the same temp all night etc. [​IMG]

In a pique of frustration I searched online for the way too expensive, brand new cause no one ever sells them, Brinsea cabinet incubator. They are all out of stock [​IMG] but I never wanted to be so stuck again.
    I found a place selling them cheaper than Brinsea that will have it dropshipped right off the ship post customs on Feb 3rd. Then it will drive around in a truck for awhile til it gets here.
    It will be too late for this batch and I wouldn't have spent the money if I was not so frustrated and worried about my current eggs.

dont' go to the store hungry
    dont' shop for incubators when things are making you go [​IMG]
    just wish it would get here in time to help me out with these guys. I think I"ll be tending the temp 24/7 for the next 3 weeks...
    [​IMG]
    The things we do for our chickies!!

2. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    how much did you spend altogether on your new bad boy bator?

3. mediazeal

Feb 26, 2009
  4. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
  5. mediazeal

Feb 26, 2009
    Quote:Here is where I got it
    http://stores.crazykfarm.com/-strse-32/OVA-dsh-Easy-190-Advance-cabinet/Detail.bok

heck that's a good deal shipped!!!! So you didn't have to add on any humidity things like pumps or anything like that? I've always wanted to buy a brinsea bator but when i saw how much is was just to add the humdity pump i was like [​IMG] and that was always the deal breaker for me.

It is a great deal, especially without the shipping charges.
    I do not need the auto humidity thingy with my little incubator. I just check the digital readout and add it if needed.
    The humidity is not hard to regulate, especially since you have a gauge that gives you good info on it.
    So I have never bought the humidity part. It is on sale at brinsea.com, but for me, not on sale enough.......

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I think you should send me one of your sportsmans so I can see if I can get it to work properly. I will report back to you later on this summer. [​IMG]

7. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    lol funny post [​IMG]

Those brinseas are nice, huh? I just started my first one, an octagon eco 20. love it! My homemade bator is doing great too. I just turn eggs manualy, that way I feel like I'm helping, a little [​IMG] Good luck!

8. chickenmamalp

chickenmamalp Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]:

9. mediazeal

Feb 26, 2009
    Quote:Seems only fair after you sent me all those wonderful eggs!

10. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    How many eggs would buy me one of your "extra" sportsmans???........ [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by