Dont know how old my eggs are!

Kenzzze

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
Here's the story. My boyfriend went fishing with a friend. They saw a goose nest right near the shore. The dumb friend picked up two eggs. My boyfriend freaked out and told him that the mother might abandon the nest if he put the eggs he had handled back. So boyfriend brought those two home. We bought an incubator and I have scoured the internet for information. Learned a lot and have been turning them and keeping the temp and humidity constant. By candling, I see that they have progressed nicely. The problem is that I don't know when they are due to hatch. As of today, the entire egg is dark except for the large air sack that has tipped toward one side.

So, any ideas? This seems like the time to increase humidity, cross my fingers and leave them alone.

P.S. Boyfriend went back to the nest a couple days ago and the mama goose was back with the remaining eggs. He said she had built kind of a down covering around them. None had hatched.

Any comments or advise would be much appreciated.
smile.png

Here's the story. My boyfriend went fishing with a friend. They saw a goose nest right near the shore. The dumb friend picked up two eggs. My boyfriend freaked out and told him that the mother might abandon the nest if he put the eggs he had handled back. So boyfriend brought those two home. We bought an incubator and I have scoured the internet for information. Learned a lot and have been turning them and keeping the temp and humidity constant. By candling, I see that they have progressed nicely. The problem is that I don't know when they are due to hatch. As of today, the entire egg is dark except for the large air sack that has tipped toward one side.

So, any ideas? This seems like the time to increase humidity, cross my fingers and leave them alone.

P.S. Boyfriend went back to the nest a couple days ago and the mama goose was back with the remaining eggs. He said she had built kind of a down covering around them. None had hatched.

Any comments or advise would be much appreciated.
smile.png
This may help.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed and
welcome-byc.gif

Well it sounds like they're in the final week of incubation. No need to increase humidity until they externally pip.

Do you know what kind of goose they are?

Back
Top Bottom