Don't know what his deal is......

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Orpingtonman, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Orpingtonman

Orpingtonman Chillin' With My Peeps

Ive got a "huge" ( and i mean HUGE) Blonde buff orpington roo thats about 1 year old and he crows like he's been smoking for 30 years! He does good on the beginning notes but towards the end, he starts to crackle. [​IMG] Sounds like he needs a cough drop! He's healthy as a horse and just had a check up and the vet had no idea about it. i don't know if this is common with this breed or if theres something wrong, or if he just never learned to crow right. The RIR roo i have does the best crow i've ever heard and the buff try's to out do him and he comes out not on the best end of it. Any advise or am i stuck with listening to him like that. (not that it matters but it would be nice to help him if i can)

2. Splash_Guard

Splash_Guard Set Free

Dec 3, 2008
    Michigan
    I can't see where he needs help. We have a Buff Orph Roo as well, he's finally up to 5 syllables. I've never heard two roos sound alike, so I'd call him normal.

3. Orpingtonman

Orpingtonman Chillin' With My Peeps

yeah, i was just asking. He's a good roo and has no problems. I guess i just think it's weird that he can't get it right [​IMG]

4. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Maybe he's a smoker - did you check the coop for hidden cigarettes?
    ~Rebecca

5. onecent

onecent Chillin' With My Peeps

hi, i have 4 roo,s & they all sound different, especially at 4:00 in the morning, when they are having their crowing contest [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by