Don't know what one of my hens is.

What color feet does your hen have? Are the earlobes actually white or more pink? If you could possibly get a picture straight on from the side and zoomed in it would make identification a little easier.

I am wondering about the depth of color in the eggs. Are they light brown?
The black standard old english lays as light brown. I know that most pics do not show white earlobes. That is likely because in order to show them they are cut off. Yes it is disqualifying not to.

I am wondering about the depth of color in the eggs. Are they light brown?
The black standard old english lays as light brown. I know that most pics do not show white earlobes. That is likely because in order to show them they are cut off. Yes it is disqualifying not to.

I have those two plus a sliver laced Wyandotte. I get light brown/cream, medium brown, and medium brown with dark spots. I'll try to get a closer picture.

What color feet does your hen have? Are the earlobes actually white or more pink? If you could possibly get a picture straight on from the side and zoomed in it would make identification a little easier.

Her's are black. They are almost a pearlescent color. I'll try to get a closer picture of her earlopes.

She does have a BA look but with that skinny tail and partial white lobes... good bet she's a Leghorn/BA cross. (In other words, a hatchery BA - lol!) OP, are her eggs a light brown or a dark brown?

Not sure, I've got three brown egg layers. I get three different colored brown eggs. One light brown/cream, one medium brown, and one medium brown with dark brown spots. My other brown layer is a sliver laced Wyandotte.

One of these is her as a chick.

Last edited:
[/quote]

Not sure, I've got three brown egg layers. I get three different colored brown eggs. One light brown/cream, one medium brown, and one medium brown with dark brown spots. My other brown layer is a sliver laced Wyandotte.

[/quote]

It does appear that she may be a mix that includes a BA. That first chick certainly looks like a BA. The second pic is your silver laced wyandotte.

I agree she is pretty reguardless whatever she is.

[/quote]

It does appear that she may be a mix that includes a BA. That first chick certainly looks like a BA. The second pic is your silver laced wyandotte.

I agree she is pretty reguardless whatever she is.[/quote]

My bad. This is the one with the white earlobs as a chick.

except for the earlobes, looks just like my black australorps.. gorgeous birds btw.. i'm such an australorp fan!!!

now looking at the baby pics, the markings were so different than my black australorps.. interesting/pretty colours..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom