Don't know what sex or breed this bantam chick is

brandoncakes

Songster
9 Years
Aug 25, 2010
Kailua, HI
Aloha everyone! I bought a baby bantam chick today from our local pet store, Ko`olau Pets. The employees there had no idea what breed it was, because they kept saying the breed was "Bantam." It has a single comb, 4 toes, feathered legs, and is very tame! I chirps so loud when it's in its cage, and always wants to come out and be held. Out of all the chicks in the case they were in, this was the only one with buff feathering. The other 3 chicks were gray, black, and white(same exact markings). The markings make it hard for me to tell what breed they could be. It looks like it's about 4-5 weeks old, hopefully someone can make out what he or she is.

S01.jpg
S02.jpg

S03.jpg
S04.jpg

S05.jpg
S06.jpg

S07.jpg
S08.jpg

S09.jpg

She's so cute! (guess on the "she") She's cheeping because she misses the other chicks. Chickens are social creatures, they don't like to be alone. You should probably get another one to keep her company. I'm not saying you can't raise her alone, but they just like to be with others.

It does look like a Cochin. The color is interesting. It's not a standard color, so she's probably a mix of two colors of Cochin, if that makes sense.

When I saw this chick, I instantly thought it looked just like my d'uccles! Color? I have no idea, sorry.

Thanks so much everyone! I was guessing Cochin or d'Uccle also. We might go down and get another..she does look very lonely. Last night we had to take her out of the cage and hold her to make her fall asleep. We had to wrap her in a flour sack towel and put her in the cage in order for us to get some sleep! Thanks so much for all your guesses!! I will post more photos as she ages.

The only thing I thought was weird, was all the other chicks looked exactly like this one but were black and white. Same exact markings, but no buff in the feathering. That's what confused me. That's what kinda made me steer clear of the d'Uccle guess.

Back
Top Bottom