1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Don't know what we were sold

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hunterclyde05, Apr 29, 2016.

1. hunterclyde05

hunterclyde05 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2016
    We got these chickens from tractor supply 7 weeks ago and were told they were silkie bantams. They look nothing like a silkie. Can anyone tell us what they are?

They are very small, we also want to know when and how to introduce them to the coop with regular sized chickens.

Thanks!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    They are d'uccles. They look a little washed out to be mille fleur. They could be porcelain d'uccles. Also I wasn't sure if those were three different chicks but the bird or birds in the last three photos are definitely cockerels, as well as the one in the top picture on the right. Possibly the one on the left too but its comb is cut off so I can't tell.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    x2

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Oh and [​IMG].

5. NewChickLove

NewChickLove Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2016
    Yup, they look very similar to my porcelain D'Uccles [​IMG]

6. hunterclyde05

hunterclyde05 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2016
    Thanks for all the help

7. Angie8eggs

Angie8eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2012
    As far as introducing them to your flock, if you could set them in a chicken tractor, or what have you, and keep them in the area with your other chickens. For me, I have 13 chicks out in my barn that's in the chicken house where my chickens sleep. Mine free range, but they do go in and out the area a lot so they see my chicks- a lot. When the time comes, I will put my chickens on the roost at night with the others and watch them in the morning how they mingle. My current chickens don't like to share the roost too much with each other; they all have their favorite spots. It will be rough at first, but it should come together in few days.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Those are Porcelain d'Uccles cockerels

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by