dont know where to post EGG THAT IS SHAPED like A FOOTBALL

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lnfcef81, Jun 4, 2010.

1. lnfcef81

lnfcef81 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Georgia
    it came from some kind of bantom and looks like a football I havent ever seen one like it any ideas what breed it could be?[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Any chicken can potentially pop out an odd shaped egg. I've had some very long eggs, and some that were almost as round as a golf ball. Sometimes they even had lumpy ridges in them (not soft-shelled, just lumpy). And a coupe days ago, I had a HUGE double-yolker pop out.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It would help to know what breeds or mixes of breeds you have.
    I have LF brahmas. Several of my hens lay pinkish eggs and from one hen I regularly get eggs shaped like that. We call them pullet bullets. [​IMG]

4. lnfcef81

May 21, 2010
    Georgia
    I'm not sure what kind they are.[​IMG]

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:There Old English Game Bantams (OEGB's) and there color looks to be Blue Wheaten.

Chris

6. Iluvmypeeps

Iluvmypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Arizona
    Quote:There Old English Game Bantams (OEGB's) and there color looks to be Blue Wheaten.

Chris

[​IMG]

Everybody here is right, you have nothing to worry about. Every hen lays a strange egg from time to time. It's perfectly normal.

7. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I have one girl who always lays that shape- sometimes I really can't tell which side to face up to incubate until the air cell develops!!

wait until you get a reallllly weird shaped egg! I have one that makes amoebas.

8. lnfcef81

May 21, 2010
    Georgia
    thank everyone so much, I'm new with chickens and have learned so much here! I was wondering about that have some eggs in the incubator now and didnt know what way to put that one in.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by