Don't marry a firefighter....

holliewould

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
Planet Earth
you never know when they are gonna leave. I will bug you guys until he comes back
tongue.png

LOL....that's so funny....I posted a joke on here about men and E.T., and I know it doesn't really apply to you but here goes: What's the difference b/t men and E.T.? E.T. knew he had to phone home!

Ha ha, I know....it's a good cheer you up thing though...hope he comes back soon!

Quote:
smile.png
Too cute. I don't mind the man being gone. But the times he does leave is so inconvenient. Why the hell do these people have to get into an accident when we are in the middle of a movie? I mean, HELLO, this dvd has been on pause for over an hour!
tongue.png
There are other situations too. You know, like when.....I won't go there haha.

Quote:
That's unfortunate. I hear it all. It sickens me actually. Not only that, they don't even have gear in womens sizes. Sucks. But...she can be in the military with form fitting clothing. Don't even get me started. Ugggh.

wink.png
Too late for me - I married him a LONG time ago - OK not that long ago - almost 10 years!
I don't think I'm allowed to change my mind NOW.

Besides, we got to ride in the fire truck today for a parade down main street! The kids were THRILLED - even being sprayed by the truck in front of us was actually fun!
lol.png

Quote:
14 years ago for me. Our county doesn't allow anyone to ride in a moving truck. Kids love the trucks, but if they are mobile, they can't be in it no matter what here. I love the parades, the fire guys are sooo hosed by them big ole technological squirt guns them kids have haha.

I made that decision about 8.5 years ago, lol. Of course mine is now out on permanent disability... gives the kids lots of time with their Dad though!

Quote:
hmm.png
Bummer - but I can understand why.

You give these BIG boys a hose that squirts water like a MILE away - and they're ALL back to being 12 years old
gig.gif

We were second in the line of trucks, and every now and then I saw the guy in the truck in front of me, BIG grin head pop up with the hose!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

There were kids running alongside - SPRAY ME SPRAY ME!!
gig.gif

Quote:
That's unfortunate. I hear it all. It sickens me actually. Not only that, they don't even have gear in womens sizes. Sucks. But...she can be in the military with form fitting clothing. Don't even get me started. Ugggh.

they did not have equipment small enough to fit her! 5'5" and a size 0 yet strong as an ox. she decided not to fight them anymore as they drove out all the other girls. she lasted the longest. these were the "juniors", the chiefs werent any better as they allowed it even when brought to their attention. sad as she was very very determined and they kept pushing emt on her, not firefighter as "better for a female". also sad because i always believed better of volunteers. enough of my complaining... sorry!

Back
Top Bottom