Don't mess with my chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TheSpiceGirls, Apr 5, 2011.

1. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    My 3 girls live in a 13' by 20' fenced in run that is covered with welded wire. The current roof situation is sub standard and I thought they were going to turn into ducks this spring with all the rain we received. So I asked my contractor to see what he could do about covering half their run with corrugated panels. We're standing in the middle of their run this morning discussing options and my girls are just making an awful fuss and clearly not happy about this deviation to their normally quiet morning routine.

From behind, my BO fly’s up to my shoulder. She's NEVER done that. She'll hop in my lap but she's never jumped me like this. She turned to give the contractor the stink eye. This guy is probably a biscuit shy of 250lbs and he backs away and asks, “Are they going to be in here today while we’re working?”

DUDE! She’s 5lbs of feathers and 1lb of bird. SERIOUSLY?!?

I really had to bite my lip to keep from just busting out laughing. Such a good watch bird!

2. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    It is funny how some people are so intimidated by animals they don't understand. He might have thought she was your attack rooster. [​IMG]

3. Thegrayeyedgirl

Thegrayeyedgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

4. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] TOO funny. I never knew people were afraid of chickens until I got them. I had one friend come over last weekend to help me plan a baby shower, and she took awhile to get up to go outside since the birds were out there. After she fed them some raisins and saw how nice they were, she thought they were really cute.

5. CrockpotsMama

CrockpotsMama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2011
    HAHA! I had a sub-contractor working at my house and had 2 hens and my big roo free-ranging and he said" Pardon me, but will they bite, they are getting extremely close." I laughed and picked up a hen for him to pet, he seemed to be fine the rest of the day, but I did notice him looking around a lot when they would get close by.[​IMG]

6. ChickenCrazy4ever

ChickenCrazy4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2011
    My house :D
    My friend is exactly the opposite. I told her we got chickens and she wanted to come over and give them all a bath and kiss them all.[​IMG]

7. JustClucky

JustClucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    TX
    HAAA! OMG, that's hilarious! My DH backs up when one of my CHICKS (4 weeks old) is on my hand and starts flapping! I always laugh and say, 'seriously? That will not hurt you. They're just seeing what those things can do!' lol

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    A visitor with no treats. No wonder he got the stink eye.

9. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Quote:I went out of town and left a broody hen for DH to retrieve eggs out from under, he didn't get the eggs because she pecked him! Hilarious!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  10. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Quote:I went out of town and left a broody hen for DH to retrieve eggs out from under, he didn't get the eggs because she pecked him! Hilarious!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh, I'm going to have to try that one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by