Don't take Selfies with Chickens!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bigmrg74, Feb 3, 2017.

1. bigmrg74

bigmrg74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Clinton Michigan
    So, a little backstory here. Early in december I had a hawk attack one of my buff orpingtons and he managed to rip off a large patch of skin off of her rump. Thankfully, we chased off the hawk and saved her from it. And as part of her treatment, I've been giving her epsom salt soaks out in the sink in the barn, about once a week or so. they've helped and she's at the point now where she looks forward to them verses being worried about there being noodles and vegetables in the hot water. Anyways today I was giving her another soak today and was bored, so I was taking some pictures.
    [​IMG]
    This one I posted to facebook with Belle, my helper who insists on going out every day to check in on her girls. Anyways, I went to take another photo after that as we're all sitting there and then I dropped my iphone 6 into the sink. Got it out quickly and its currently sitting in a bag of rice drying out. Going to let it sit there another day or two dry it out.

I just thought it might be fun to see if anybody else has a good story about a chicken selfie going wrong on them?

2. chippy99th

chippy99th Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2016
    Arizona
    Oh my gosh, that's too funny! (I hope your phone recovers though!)

I've never dropped mine in the sink...but it has been pooped on! More than once even, I have a bad habit of leaving it on the lawn while I'm doing other stuff. Fortunately it's the kind of case that is waterproof, so it's washable. Actually we did bacteria cultures from various items, including phones, in our microbiology class once and my phone was the only one that produced NO slimy bacteria, because I disinfect it regularly. Thank you chickens!

3. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    No, you should let the chickens take selfies by themselves!

[​IMG]

The rooster in this picture was riding home from a public engagement (along with some rabbits and a pony) when he got a little antsy. Apparently he wanted to check his tweets; when DD showed him her phone, he seemed mesmerized by the screen.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Bunny, I bet he was waiting for video games to pop up.

5. bigmrg74

Jan 28, 2014
    Clinton Michigan
    fired the phone up here this morning, so far it looks like everything is working on it.

[​IMG]

6. chippy99th

chippy99th Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2016
    Arizona
    That's good! Sometimes funny stories with chickens come with casualties![​IMG]

7. summerb123

summerb123 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2016
    Mississippi
    Once I left my phone in the chicken coop when i was taking pictures and there was so many pictures and videos on it when I remembered where I left it! to bad I don't have any pics becuase the phone messed up!

8. bigmrg74

Jan 28, 2014
    Clinton Michigan
    [​IMG]

Was time again for another one of the patient's soaks. Didn't do any selfies with her in the sink today, but had her on my knee for a bit while she was drying out.

Eh, that pair of pants was getting due for a washing anyways.

9. bigmrg74

Jan 28, 2014
    Clinton Michigan
    Kind of a bummer here. I thought that hen was doing better, but I think she opened up her wound again about 2 weeks ago and it got infected. She was just pretty misrable and I opted to end her suffering as her wound would always present a problem with it being right up to the vent. All but had her buried and then I threw my back out. Glad that's all over with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by