Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I can get an appointment for next month.
I just used their online price calculator just to see what it would cost and for me it says it will be $110.
For the mini it says it would be 80.

https://www.usps.com/international/passports.htm

I'm not in a hurry so I think October would be ok but we also don't really need them for anything just yet.
Oohhhh.... I see what you're talking about now.

So it takes probably about a year to get one.
What a joke.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/passport-covid-19.html
Screenshot_20210921-214533.png

Several reasons: We looked at the US, Mexico, Costa Rica, and a few other central American countries. One of the biggest issues is residency, which must be initiated in your home country. We do not feel that we have time to let this process unfold. We think strict travel restrictions will be imposed very soon, likely preventing us from leaving the country.
Here are some of the other reasons off the top of my head...
- The DR has a liveable climate without heat or ac. The area we are going to hasn't had a hurricane in something like 150 years.
-Food security is much higher. We have about 10 million people within a 50 mile radius of us now. Even a small interruption in the supply chain would be a big deal.
- You can enter on a temporary visa and overstay by paying a small penalty at the airport when you leave. It amounts to about $10 per month.
- As a non resident you can still own property, open bank accounts, get a cell phone plan, etc. Very few countries allow this.
- The DR is somewhat behind in government control over the population. The people there are not glued to media and do not receive the same 'messaging' as we do here, as a result life is much more normal.
- No testing requirements for entry since June or July 2020, although select countries were just announced as needing a test, not Canada yet.
-Currently, no talk of vax passports or mandatory jabs.
- Excellent, health care and low cost insurance.
- Overall cost of living is about 35% lower than here.
- There is a large group of expats where we are going. We know of about 20 families from our area alone that have moved there in the past 8 - 10 months. They have been invaluable in answering questions and helping sort out this process.

In Canada (for real) the mainstream media has labelled folks like us as white supremacist, anti vax, anti mask, extreme right wing, conspiracy theorists. We have reached the point where fighting this label is futile, there simply aren't enough people standing up, so, being outnumbered by an overwhelming majority, it's time to leave.
Crazy over there, ain't it?

I'm afraid its getting worse here too. They seem to be pushing it to go in the same direction. If it gets any crazier, something is gonna have to change. Us true patriots ain't going to let this country fall apart.

I've never thought about the Dominican Republic as an option but those are lots of great reason to be there.

I chipped a tooth.

Want to guess what I did today?
You need to soften them bones up a bit before you gnaw on them gal !

But NOW that you know that little crick is there, you will keep running your tongue over it until it's bloody raw too ! Worse case if the dentist can't fix it fully, then can put some temp gloop in there to smooth it out for you.

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom