Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still unknown how accurate for us that actually have winters though. At least, unknown for me but I think I might be in denial, I hate winter. I'll take snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, every other time it could be 75. The sun sets earlier, it's just dark and gloomy a lot. No leaves on the trees, no pretty flowers in the ground. It even snowed in May the last couple years, winter just lasts way too long
I'm the exact opposite 😂.

I love the gray, the cold, the early nights and frost in the morning. If I could live where it's winter all year round I would. I love to be outside without a coat and to be able to see through the trees. I love long sleeves and tall boots, I love winter😊

Once was enough.
I'm the exact opposite 😂.

I love the gray, the cold, the early nights and frost in the morning. If I could live where it's winter all year round I would. I love to be outside without a coat and to be able to see through the trees. I love long sleeves and tall boots, I love winter😊
Who loves gray mornings?!
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Once was enough.

Who loves gray mornings?!
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago
ME! They're the best kind of mornings, I am so in love with that color.

I have a lot in common with batman ya know: Favorite color is black, nocturnal, don't like the sunshine, secret identity, love fancy shooting gadgets and sharp things.

ME! They're the best kind of mornings, I am so in love with that color.

I have a lot in common with batman ya know: Favorite color is black, nocturnal, don't like the sunshine, secret identity, love fancy shooting gadgets and sharp things.
I am pretty sure Batman doesn't hurt himself doing benign things like you do. 🤭

This... exactly.
Once I do it I'm glad I've done it but just the starting it is what really sucks for me.
A tip on getting started....from the book Atomic Habits - the author sets a ridiculously low goal - just to get started and keep motivated. Like "I'll do ONE _______ first thing after I get up everyday"

When you meet that goal and you're right there you'll probably do more - but you don't have to. You set yourself up for success - like if your goal is walking to the front gate & back - your clothes are setting out for you to jump into them, and your shoes, socks, key, sunglasses, hat are waiting by the door.

Ridiculously small improvements daily (the atomic part of the habit you are trying to start) lead to powerful things. You can see this can be used for good or for evil by looking at some examples in society today that had their start a generation or more ago... see also chicken math!

Last edited:
A tip on getting started....from the book Atomic Habits - the author sets a ridiculously low goal - just to get started and keep motivated. Like "I'll do ONE _______ first thing after I get up everyday"

When you meet that goal and you're right there you'll probably do more - but you don't have to. You set yourself up for success - like if your goal is walking to the front gate & back - your clothes are setting out for you to jump into them, and your shoes, socks, key, sunglasses, hat are waiting by the door.

Ridiculously small improvements daily (the atomic part of the habit you are trying to start) lead to powerful things. You can see this can be used for good or for evil by looking at some examples in society today that had their start a generation or more ago... see also chicken math!
20210922_105711.jpg

This one?

Still unknown how accurate for us that actually have winters though. At least, unknown for me but I think I might be in denial, I hate winter. I'll take snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, every other time it could be 75. The sun sets earlier, it's just dark and gloomy a lot. No leaves on the trees, no pretty flowers in the ground. It even snowed in May the last couple years, winter just lasts way too long
That's a very good point, when your are guaranteed cold weather it's probably not a great indicator. I hate the heat and humidity, I grew up in Southern California and it was the best weather. I can't imagine snow in May, it's usually just starting to hit the 90s regularly for us.

Done with extra! Muscles were a bit sore today, so I did a brisk 25 minute walk, along with a couple intervals of jogging to get the heart rate up. Had a good stretching session. If I get my to-do list done later, I have a short arm video I might do later.

I had a friend tell me a while back when I was really struggling with something (not exercise) — he said “Tina, just do the next right thing”. Simple but it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom