Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need this doctor.
1044.gif

I've recently been told by my dr. I need to eat more salt 🤷🏻
I drink a ton of water though. I am a thirsty girl.
That's kind of crazy. Most people are told they need to LOSE the salt out of the diet, they have too much Sodium, which when you look at how much salt is in pretty much everything we eat, yep I can see it. If you drink a lot of water tho, or if you are sweating a lot yes you do need to replenish the salt you sweat out. I remember back in the days in the navy we'd be working in the boiler room or whatever and it'd be like 120 degrees plus in there, we would have to eat salt pills.

Aaron

I don't really sweat that much 🤷🏻
I hate being hot.
My blood pressure runs on the low side. Which is great until it bottoms out for some reason and ya pass out.
When I wasn't smoking I was actually having some heart palpitations. Smoking constricts blood vessels...elevating your blood pressure. Plus..
Thought I was maybe drinking too much caffeine. So I cut down. Turns out the caffeine is what I needed. 🤣
Dr. Prescribed more coffee, sugar, cigarettes and salt. 😎 Lucky me!

Or maybe that's just how I took itW
Were you on any meds to begin with for Blood Pressure or the likes. Some of the very common ones like Lisinopril for example, they LOVE to hand it out like candy but if you get even the slightest dehydrated while on it, your blood pressure can tank, and yes, as you found out, you will pass out and quickly too ! If you are on meds might need to adjust them back, and yes keep plenty of water running through you. On an overall look, drinking lots of water is just good for you, it keeps you flushed out and hydrated. Id just say slow down at night, you don't want to be waking up every 2 hours to take a leak in the middle of the night :D

Aaron

Speaking of weight loss. We will naturally burn about a pound to a pound and a half a day just being alive. If you eat zero calories your body will burn a pound or so just staying going. Another thing is aspiration. You will lose water weight, every breath you take you breathe out some water. This is another reason to keep hydrated, you lose it in more ways than just sweating. People can severely dehydrate themselves indoors too.

Ok you are out working in the yard, or garden and sweating like a pig, your shirt is soaked. Hmm I am sweaty, I am dehydrated I better drink some water. yes no brainer there. BUT you can be relaxed and laying in the air conditioning in the house with a ceiling fan going and that will dehydrate you almost as badly. Id say the house is worse because you don't realize it's happening because you are comfortable, but it is happening, so you need to keep drinking that water to stay healthy.

Here's some more motivation. EVERY breath, you breathe in Oxygen. that's O2, and every breath you breathe out some Carbon Dioxide, that's CO2. Where did that Carbon come from? Well we ARE carbon based life forms, so it came from US! it's a waste product of our bodies being bodies. You say you don't have the motivation to go on a diet or work out, why not? You already ARE losing weight every time you breathe out!! You are already on the right path now step it up a notch!! Every single breath you take you are losing a little bit of physical weight due to the Carbon you are exhaling. So, why not put a little bit of exertion in there and push out some more carbon and lose an extra half pound today?

Were you on any meds to begin with for Blood Pressure or the likes. Some of the very common ones like Lisinopril for example, they LOVE to hand it out like candy but if you get even the slightest dehydrated while on it, your blood pressure can tank, and yes, as you found out, you will pass out and quickly too ! If you are on meds might need to adjust them back, and yes keep plenty of water running through you. On an overall look, drinking lots of water is just good for you, it keeps you flushed out and hydrated. Id just say slow down at night, you don't want to be waking up every 2 hours to take a leak in the middle of the night :D

Aaron
Some of us have naturally low blood pressure without having to do anything.

I can have all the salt that I want because my blood chemistry is always at the very low end of the acceptable range for sodium and chloride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom