Don't Wait! Start Extra Today. 4th Month Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for our third walk of the day tonight. There's probably enough meat on these guys to can them, but I'm not expecting a cold winter! 😆🌴🏖️🤣
IMG_20211019_200232.jpg

I don't really put much stock into what weather people say. They like to hear themselves talk and are usually wrong. I just prepare for a hard winter so I'm set no matter what
I hear you sister! The only profession where they have the most state of the art technology, can track a storm to the street level….AND STILL get it wrong!!!

can’t wait to use my new snowblower attachment on tractor this winter!!!

And I did extra extra today. It's so nice out that I just had to take the dog to the park and let him run around while I walked. Anyone else hear that it's supposed to be a hard winter? My uncles who run the family farm in PA say it's gonna be bad, they see the signs

I don't really put much stock into what weather people say. They like to hear themselves talk and are usually wrong. I just prepare for a hard winter so I'm set no matter what
Folks around here crack open a persimmon seed. They say the shape inside the seed determines the winter weather forecast…a spoon means shoveling snow, a knife means bitter cold and a fork means a mild winter.

Folks around here crack open a persimmon seed. They say the shape inside the seed determines the winter weather forecast…a spoon means shoveling snow, a knife means bitter cold and a fork means a mild winter.
My weather rock tells me what is going on. This morning it was wet, this afternoon it turned white and then it completely hid.

Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA for a couple days. My sister in law was here visiting from out of state so I wasn't on here as much.
I missed more days working out this week than I have in the last month. 😬 Back at it today.
We worked on processing and freezing the butternut squash from my garden.
20211018_160822.jpg

I also have a new cat. He showed up at the neighbor's house and they weren't able to find an owner nor did they want him, since their cats are constantly having kittens. We already have five cats, three inside and two outside, but my husband thought he was pretty and knew I would like him, so he can be our third outside cat. I named him Romeo. He looks like he's part Siamese, judging by his slightly crossed vibrant blue eyes and coat pattern.
20211016_150316.jpg

Today is another butcher day. I thought we were done with chickens but I forgot about another batch we had out in the field. 🤦
We are also going to process one of our turkeys and my goose with severe angel wing. It's going to be a long day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom