Don't Worry Be Happy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by deerman, Oct 13, 2011.

1. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Something for all to think about........I know sometime we can get down , some even to the point of giving up on life.

Like my dad told me ,if you think you have it bad look around .....you will see other have it worst.

NOW this young man , to most of us we would think he would not have any chance in life, look what he has done with his life. Help millions of children.

He sure makes this battle with cancer, seem to be a little thing in my life........

Here is just one of his video, i have been watching alot of his today........

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    What an inspirational young man...And so are you! [​IMG]

3. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    [​IMG]

4. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Thanks. I needed that yoday. [​IMG]

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Beautiful message and thanks so much for sharing it with us. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  6. Runt Of The Litter

Runt Of The Litter Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    cheshire,UK
    sorry for going militant on this one and do not want to offend as its a personal freedom what people want to think but,am still surprised that illness and disability are used as a way of treating people as special or saying one person has it harder than another,its just a part of life,perhaps for some it does help hearing about someone they think is worser off but nick woud probably see it the other way around with his life as it is now.

disability shoudnt be used as a way at drawing in sympathy [which is what some disabled and non disabled do]for as long as disabled people are treated as special for living and doing stuff everyone else is doing,we wont ever be treated as ordinary equal people.
    nick is severely physicaly disabled but he is also one of the richest,he is living very comfortably and has the support team to help when he wants it,it also helps a lot that hes been that way since birth as he will no doubt see it as a part of him and not a seperate entity,like most people who are born disabled.

though nick has a disability which whilst is severe,its very supportable with the use of aids and adaptions, there are a lot of disabilities which aids/adaptions dont help and for them it can result in a low quality of life-especialy the non physical spectrum but also many physical disabilities to,woud personaly say no one necessarily has it worse,just differently but am speaking from a severly disabled view who has been brought up around-and still lives with people on all level of disability,including kids and teens with terminal disabilities.

a lot of disabled people all over the world struggle to get any support or the right support,many live homeless,india is a good example of how bad disabled people can be treated.
    its not the disability that matters but the support network around the person,and how adaptable and understanding the world is to it.

sorry ladies and gents,militant waffle,over and out.

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    wow, what an awesome video. awesome guy!! thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

8. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Yes Nick is very well off now...thru his hard work. his investments in the market and etc.

He has also built schools in some of those poor country, supports over 40 childern in those poor countries also.

He will be the first to tell , he can see people that are worst off than him.

He doen't look or ask for sympathy.

Point of my post , this man has over came so much , yet he is out there trying to teach other not to give up. yes he is trying to support those that need help.........by showing them what he over came...not for their synpathy.

I also am not looking for sympathy either....but post this so others maybe help from it. Just like it picked me up today.

9. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Do you have arms and legs?? Just wondering... because you seem to speak like you know whats its like to live this mans life with no arms or legs...

ETA: to explain why i wondering..

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by