Don't worry, Lumpy! Sticky tape!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by eenie114, Sep 15, 2011.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Mazie has an unhealthy obsession with Dora the Explorer. I won't go into too many details, but she knows more Spanish than I do. [​IMG]
    Apparently there is an episode where Dora is fixing things with "sticky tape". Now anytime something breaks, Mazie panics and says, "Oh, no! Need 'a sticky tape! I get it!" and runs off to find the tape.
    Lumpy ripped a hole in her dress the other day and was very sad, as it was one of her favorites. Mazie gave her a hug and said in her most comforting tone, "Don' worry Yumpy. A sticky tape 'a fix it. [​IMG] "

But the best moment was this afternoon while we were watching Little Women. We were at the scene where Jo finds out that Amy has burnt her story. Mazie was traumatized by it all, and curled up in a ball on the couch. When I asked her what was wrong, she told me that the paper was all gone and in the fire. [​IMG] So I cuddled her and we fast-forwarded the tape so that she didn't have to watch the rest. But she wouldn't let it drop. I told her that Jo could make a new paper but she was inconsolable.
    Finally she sat up, wiped her face, and said, "I know! STICKY TAPE!! I go get it. Be ri' back!" She then ran off to go get the tape. She didn't find it, but by the time she got back she was then one telling ME that Jo would make a new one. [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Sticky tape fixes everything. Good stuff there.

Imp

3. eenie114

Quote:Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side, a light side, and it's what holds the universe together. [​IMG]

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:Duct tape is like the force: It has a dark side, a light side, and it's what holds the universe together. [​IMG]

May the force be with Lumpy

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

May the force be with Lumpy

[​IMG]

Here in the South, we live by the Duct Tape and WD-40 Doctrine:

If it's supposed to stick, but it doesn't, use duct tape. If it's not supposed to stick, but it does, use WD-40.

I think Mazie has the right idea!

[​IMG]

6. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    [​IMG] oh thats adorable, Ev!!! Hey... I think I know what to use now to cure my chronic ligament laxity! [​IMG]

7. eenie114

Quote:Our siblings totally need to get married. [​IMG]

8. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Quote:Our siblings totally need to get married. [​IMG]

Yah! Hmm, the six year old is the cutest, but the eight year old is smarter. Who do you want? You must provide a nice large dowry (at least six cows!) though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by