Dont you always?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Big Dreamer, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    Love it when people are soo excited to get their ducklings..i mean why wouldnt they? THEN They figure out they are a HUGE mess and are asking at like 4 days old when they can move them outside!?!?! I just think its so funny! Ironic huh? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. kikidee

kikidee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    My duck is going to be an indoor duck [​IMG] Answer to mess = duck diapers!!! [​IMG] I can't wait for my ducklings to hatch.

3. Big Dreamer

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    Im gonna have an indoor duck tooo!!!!

4. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    Quote:I'm going to be hatching 2 muscovy's that will be indoors and out. I can't wait either i'm sooo impatient [​IMG]

5. kikidee

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    Quote:I'm going to be hatching 2 muscovy's that will be indoors and out. I can't wait either i'm sooo impatient [​IMG]

no wayy!! when do they hatch!?? mine hatch this friday [​IMG] theyre cayugas <3

6. Big Dreamer

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    Mine hatch July 4th and they are scovey eggs too! Im keeping one indoors most of the time but having an outdoor enclosed area that attaches to the house like a doggie door for when im not home. Its name will be TJ i dont care if its a boy or girl it will be TJ!

7. kikidee

May 30, 2011
    San Clemente
    Quote:Awesome! same for the housing setup, im naming mine Daffy since its black <3

8. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Actually, I don't find it funny at all. I find it alarming.

It would take no more than 5 minutes on-line to get the basics of raising a duck. If people can't spend 5 minutes doing basic research before they purchase a pet, it doesn't bode well for the life and health of the animal that they purchase.

9. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] X2

10. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    I did talk to friends about ducks....and I THOUGHT I was prepared for the mess....ummm....lol...nope! But....I do not "kick" them out for being messy.I wait the amount of time needed depending on each little "flock" I brood....then put them out.It does seem that with poultry,people (myself included) tend to get too many too fast! Wonder why that is? But I personally wouldn't change my experiences for anything! Although I would recommend others be more prepared ahead of time and I try to educate anyone buying from me.Not everyone can be as impulsive as some of us are!
    With that said, I have spent hours and hours researching on here and in books about all my poultry and as a result...I have healthy,happy birds [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by