Don't you just love to hear the Roosters in the morning.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by al6517, Aug 23, 2008.

1. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Do you folks like to hear your Roosters crow in the morning ?. Mine crow very well in the morning from 6:00am till 8:00am, I just get a big kick out of it and never tire of hearing them, we live out in the country and if you wanted to see your neighbors you have to drive. the sound of them getting their day started helps me with mine, how about you ?.

Al

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I don't really hear them crow anymore. Got used it it. It's hilarious though when the roo crows and the turkeys gobble back!

3. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    i sure do reminds me of how lucky i am to live in the middle of the boonies i wouldnt have it any other way. its like a cocka-doodle blessing for sure [​IMG]

4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Amen to that.

My wife made me crack up today, i had been pilling straw hay onto the wheel barrow to bring back to line the coops with, and i guess i made it pretty tall and she walks over with a glass of ice water, singing the green acres song, just made me laugh.
    Got to love the life.
    AL

5. geoaware

geoaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Its 4.50am here in Colorado and I can hear Smartie starting up......and I agree, its great to hear that 'welcome to the sun' call.

Mind you...he also crows all through the day (i think he has no idea of when to crow...)

6. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I absolutely love to hear them crow! Much rather hear that than a dog barking nonstop. We live in the country, but only have 2 1/2 acres so the neighbors aren't that far away. I hope they enjoy it too! [​IMG]

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my coop is on the opposite side of the yard to my bedroom so i dont hear it till Im around the house. He does it all day too. Im waiting for the neighbor to say something because constantly from there I hear loud music and the kids loud lawn mower [​IMG]

8. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I love it. My BIL who lives next door does not love it. He doesn't even like it. [​IMG]

9. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    I wear ear plugs at night to help me sleep.

White noise and bumps in the night have me sitting straight up in bed barely able to sleep, so I hardly ever hear the rooster.

But when I get up and move around the house, I hear him and yes... It's refreshing to start my day with his call.

10. melleo

melleo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    St. Paris ohio
    Our silkie and our ee rooster have crowing contests.. Poor silkie sounds kinds poorly after listening to the ee lol
    And they crow at all hours too!! I thought it was just a morning thing
    Will they start just crowing in the am when they get older ?
    They are both around 6 months old.
    Melia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by