Dont you think its cute when..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Big Dreamer, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    There is a water tub and they havent gotten in yet and yet they do the head down and throw back to get the water on their backs and then they do the wing flap thing, But out of the water!?

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Yes.

But I have yet to find something ducks do which ISN'T cute. Oh, wait, eating a big ol' slug.... but that's about it.

3. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Quote:Now THAT sounds like a challenge... Ahem, this should probably be its own thread but here goes:

1. Pooping. It's about the grossest poop on earth.
    2. Soiling the water that was supposed to be for another set of animals but I forgot to close the gate for fifteen whole seconds so now I have to clean it out and refill it. Again.
    3. Getting into the garden, digging up all the seedlings, and trampling the baby cantaloupe plant to death.
    4. Digging mudholes in the lawn.
    5. Attacking ducklings.
    6. Attacking and injuring females because there are too many males.
    7. ...

Um. Wait. You DID mean that to be a challenge, right? [​IMG] Maybe I should stop now...

And yes, I DO think it's cute when they do the little pantomime before they get in the water. They're already imagining themselves there...

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Now THAT sounds like a challenge... Ahem, this should probably be its own thread but here goes:

1. Pooping. It's about the grossest poop on earth.
    2. Soiling the water that was supposed to be for another set of animals but I forgot to close the gate for fifteen whole seconds so now I have to clean it out and refill it. Again.
    3. Getting into the garden, digging up all the seedlings, and trampling the baby cantaloupe plant to death.
    4. Digging mudholes in the lawn.
    5. Attacking ducklings.
    6. Attacking and injuring females because there are too many males.
    7. ...

Um. Wait. You DID mean that to be a challenge, right? [​IMG] Maybe I should stop now...

And yes, I DO think it's cute when they do the little pantomime before they get in the water. They're already imagining themselves there...

[​IMG]

5. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    I have a chicken that lives with my ducks, and so when I set in there with them, the chicken hops on my lap while the ducks swim or pretend to swim. The chicken started taking a dust bath on my pants. I was like... really?

So I got a pan of sand from the chicken run and set her in that and she went to town. Until the ducks showed up to sift through the sand.

6. tbitt

tbitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    IL
    OMG!! cute post Mandelyn!!!

These ducklings I have are hilarious; they swim, get out and dry them selves off and after about 5 minutes of drying themselves they hop back into the pool! Why would they get out and do all that work to get right back in? [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by