Donut dilema

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SarahBeth9394, May 24, 2010.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I'm an active member in our high school band boosters. Last year we decided to get the kids end of year donuts for a treat. So I go to the donut shop and order 18 dozen donuts. They guy writes it on his calendar, all is good. One of the other parents volunteered to pick up the donuts. She gets there and lo and behold the shop is closed. The odd thing was it was a holiday but the kids had school due to snow days. The shop owner must have forgotten they would be closed when we placed the order.

Fast forward to this year. Again we want to get the kids donuts. We decided on tomorrow. So I went to the donut shop today to order 21 dozen donuts for tomorrow. Right next to the sign with the store hours on it that says open Mon 5am to noon was a paper taped to the door saying "sorry we are closed today". Good grief, strike two. Is it just too much to ask that we get some stinking donuts for the kids. UGH. The next closest donut shop is 11 miles away. Not happening.

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Walmart? Grocery store? Maybe they would have enough to satisfy. I think I would not patronize that donut shop anymore and let them know it. Sorry for your troubles....

3. Ferrret

Ferrret Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Michigan
    Any chance of making the doughnuts yourselves? Either have parents make them or have a get together with the kids and have a doughnut making party?

4. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Pizza!

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Wish I lived within 11 miles of a donut shop.

6. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    walmart works for me too! You can even order them to be ready the night before, and tell them you want them made later in the day, a lot of supercenters do second bakes of the donuts anyways. they love big donut orders!!! (I work in walmart bakery!)

7. hearthnsoul

hearthnsoul Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Cape Cod
    Bj's has great muffins in bulk I buy them for the christmas parade to sell for a charity event.

8. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    I love Donuts!! They have got to be my biggest weakness beyond my Diet Pepsi!! Our new donut shop is right next to Curves......[​IMG]

9. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Donut dilema solved. There's a function I thought I had to be at tomorrow early. But it's on Wednesday. So driving into town isn't an issue. Got a shop in town to take our order without going into town and prepaying. It's 21 dozen and they said no problem. Next year they are getting our business again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by