Dorking, bantam BLRW, EE, SFH & more! Prices vary depending on breed.

ki4got

Hatch-a-Holic
8 Years
Apr 24, 2011
Roanoke VA
**UPDATED** 09/08/2013
I've gotten a few replies to this even tho the auction's closed...

All my birds are moulting right now, so I do not have any eggs available for sale at this time. PM me if you would like to go on a waiting list for a specific variety.

This is the updated list of what I have currently.

Dorkings
Pen 1 - silver grey roo over 5 silver grey hens
  • This roo is from Gene Patterson lines, over hens from Gene Patterson, McMurray and Sandhill lines. They are currently moulting and not laying.
Pen 2 - silver grey roo over 1 silver grey and 4 red hens
  • This roo is from McMurray and has good size and type. The silver grey hen is from McMurray, the reds are from Roger Tice/Dick Horstman /Sandhill lines.
  • Also currently moulting and not laying.
Pen 3 - is not currently set up.
  • If I can find another quality red rooster, then this pen will consist of 1 red roo and 4 red hens, and pens 1 and 2 will be pure silver greys (1 roo over 3 girls each).

Bantam Cochins
Mille Fleur - 1 roo over 5 girls from various lines
  • Dark red mille roo of my own breeding, over 2 mille fleur girls, 2 blue mille & 1 blue partridge split mille.
  • One pullet about 4 months old and the rest are moulting right now and not laying currently.
Red - 1 roo over 5 girls
  • These are young, about 4 months old but filling in nicely.
Silver Laced - 1 roo over 3 girls
  • The roo is decently marked as is 1 pullet, the other 2 pullets are incompletely laced. I am willing to separate the 2 incompletely marked girls once they're laying if you only want eggs from the one laced girl but eggs will be limited.
  • These girls are also young, about 4 months old right now. I kept the incompletely laced girls because they have slightly better type than the one laced girl.
Mottled - 1 roo over 4 girls
  • The roo is a blue mottled, over 1 black mottled girl, 1 black mottled pullet, 1 blue mottled pullet and 1 blue pullet split for mottling.
  • The one mature hen is moulting, the rest are about 4 months old.

Blue Laced Red Wyandotte - 1 pair currently
  • The roo is a dark blue laced, the hen splash laced from Canadian lines. I lost my black laced Foley girl but am picking up a pullet from this breeding soon (hatched early May).
  • The splash girl is broody at the moment but will be losing her one chick in 2 weeks, but I'm hoping to find another girl to add to this pen.
  • Eggs from this pair will be very limited unless I add another girl or 2.

Swedish Flower Hens - 1 rooster over 3 girls
  • The rooster is mille fleur, 1 hen is a crested blue mille, the other primarily blue mottled (un-crested) and 1 mille fleur pullet around 4 months old.
  • Like the others, these hens are moulting right now as well.
  • I also have a crested blue mille roo in the pen currently who is for sale, as I don't like to breed crested to crested.

Bantam Blue Laced Red Wyandotte - I currently only have 1 rooster and 1 chick hatched from the pair. As the hen was lost recently, this variety will not be available any time soon, unless I get some more hens. If I can't find any hens soon, I may sell the rooster and chick as well. Time will tell.

Easter Eggers - 1 crested roo with 5 girls
  • My roo has a slight bit of silkie in him giving him the crest and lightly feathered legs, which he passes on to some of his chicks. He is also a splash, so all of his chicks will be blue or splash. The hens vary in coloration.
  • The 2 mature girls are black-based and the 3 pullets are all blues, one is crested.
  • The pullets range in age from 2 to 5 months old. Until the pullets start laying eggs will be limited.
  • These birds are currently free ranging and only 1 hen has started laying again so far, but they will be penned as soon as another pen is completed for them.

We have a large swap coming up on September 21st where I plan to sell off some extras and pick up the needed girls to fill in vacancies left by predators. I will update my listing when the time comes.

Last edited:
Sorry for the pic overload...

Silver Grey Dorkings - 7 girls, 1 roo. Ages between 1.5 and 3 years old.

Bantam Blue Laced Red Wyandotte pair - Age 1 year old.

Sorry, I don't have any pics of the Cochin girl at the moment. But she has very nice cochin type.

Easter Eggers - 3 hens, 1 roo. Ages between 1 and 2 years old.
Also pictured are 2 pullets that will be joining them in a couple months.

pullet #1

pullet #2

and the roo - Weeble.

just showing the range of blues I'm currently getting. compared to the LF Wyandottes, Orpingtons (broody), Dorking and Cochin eggs.

Swedish Flower Hens - 2 girls (1 crested, 1 not crested), 1 roo (crested). Age approx. 7 months old.
mostly blue and white pullet with some gold leakage on her hackles.

crested blue mille fleur pattern pullet

crested mille fleur pattern rooster.

a young cockerel growing out to join the SFH pen when I have more girls.

Free ranging Dorkings & others. Ages between 9 months and 3 years old.
There are roughly 16 Dorking hens (red, silver grey & colored), 4 Dorking roos (2 red, 2 silver), the EE & a LF blue laced red Wyandotte, all ranging together.
I do have bantam Cochins free ranging with the LF birds, but the roos are mostly young, and/or too small to do any good with the big girls. My mature cochin hens are all broody.

Last edited:
How much to ship 6 SFH eggs to 21771? I'd like to see if these new broody hens can hatch eggs, and the only shipping routes I have had luck with are those originating south of me..

well, I hadn't heard anything before now, so I set all the blrw and sfh eggs I had today. I can start collecting tomorrow for you though and send out mid week?

S&H would be $12

For anyone possibly interested in the free ranged Dorking eggs, here's a good example of what is likely to hatch...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/118388/b-y-c-dorking-club/4100#post_11622745

she got 10 or 12 eggs from me (I don't remember), 7 hatched, all appear to be pure dorking.
Yep, there were 12 eggs to start with, I had only 2 with no development, one blood ring, and the rest developed fully- one got crushed in the nest a few days before hatch, and one didn't pip before the hen left the nest with the youngsters, so there actually could have been 9 from the dozen, both chicks that didn't make it also appeared to be pure dorking, single combs, 5 toes, typical coloring. We've been extremely pleased with all of our Dorkings from Karen!! :)

In February I got a Dorking X EE from ki4got - she (the chick) hatched 2/9/13

And on 7/19/13, this girl laid her first egg... The amazing blue color from this particular breed cross is stunning to say the least!

The photo barely does it justice. This pullet is a BIG, healthy bird! I couldn't be happier!

Glad to hear! got more where she came from.
wink.png

Ok, I updated the original post... Thanks to the broody tendencies of nearly EVERY breed I have, some eggs are not available temporarily.

I should have also noted, one of my EE girls (brown with black head) got stepped on by one of my horses (on 7/11) so is nursing a broken leg in the hospital cage. She's still laying daily, but her eggs are no longer fertile.

She is healing and putting more weight on her leg each day, so I'm hopeful that she'll be able to go back outside in another week or so.

Update to an update... my brown EE girl is now penned temporarily with my sfh. She's using the leg some but not enough IMO to warrant free ranging yet. Ought to make interesting looking chicks.

Last edited:
Ok, I updated the original post... Thanks to the broody tendencies of nearly EVERY breed I have, some eggs are not available temporarily. I should have also noted, one of my EE girls (brown with black head) got stepped on by one of my horses (on 7/11) so is nursing a broken leg in the hospital cage. She's still laying daily, but her eggs are no longer fertile. She is healing and putting more weight on her leg each day, so I'm hopeful that she'll be able to go back outside in another week or so. Update to an update... my brown EE girl is now penned temporarily with my sfh. She's using the leg some but not enough IMO to warrant free ranging yet. Ought to make interesting looking chicks.
Any luck with your bantam blrw pair yet?

Back
Top Bottom