Maybeelin

Hatching
Mar 22, 2020
Hello! After several years of being away from breeding our Dorking chickens and with the new move to our new farm with 34 acres, I am finally ready to start me new Dorking flock again! I am looking for hatching eggs. But would like to see pictures of your breeding stock. I will post pictures from our stock shortly from a few years back.

Which type of Dorking? We raise Red Dorking.
I am open to any color! It has been So so so hard to find any at all. We raised reds,silver and colored dorkings and had some beautiful ones. When we were raising them we had actually flown a gorgeous and what I would say pretty perfect Red Rooster in from Pennsylvania he was amazing and produced some sturdy breed true chicks

We have 1 Male and 2 Females that are 8 months old. We have one 4 week old RD chick - we think she's female.

Here is a pic of our male at 6 months old:

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 4.13.41 PM.png

We butchered his brother at 22 weeks old and he was tasty. We rested him for 3 days in fridge, then grilled over an open fire, and he was tender and tasty.

We got ours at Eagle Nest Poultry in Oceola, OH. Not sure if they sell eggs, but they sell/ship chicks. Their website is pretty basic, but call to speak with them - they are very helpful. The hatchery is around 95-100 years old, so they've been in business awhile. Their last RD hatch is in July for the year, but verify that as this Corona virus may change time lines for a variety of things.

Back
Top Bottom