Dorking chicks eggs dozen

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Serina81, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Serina81

Serina81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Lucerne Valley, CA
    Extremely rare (and extremely tasty) meat birds. Dorkings are colorful chickens that pack a lot of meat-very stocky. These are heritage chickens so they take about 5 months to mature. Super nice too if you just want a chicken! Lays pretty well, medium size cream color eggs.

Dorkings are a very very rare bird and a very very old breed. Dorkings were mentioned in writings as ancient as the time of Julius Caesar. The Romans brought them to England when they took that country over and the Dorking really caught on there, especially in the town of-did you guess?-Dorking. Hence the name. But Dorkings aren't just a special breed because they're ancient and as rare as they are old. They're special because they're also a fabulously tasty breed. In a taste test, the Dorking won first place over many other breeds including the Rhode Island Red and Cornish X who tied for second. Dorkings are famous for their moist breast meat and the texture of the breast and thigh meat. One blogger who attended the Chicken Choosing taste test stated "This bird is known for its fine-textured, very white meat. It is also known to be docile, calm and adaptable. They are good foragers and would make a fine addition to most backyard or farmstead flocks."

www.flipflopranch.com

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Does your buy it now price include shipping? And or what would shipping cost to Washington?

3. Serina81

Mar 5, 2009
    Lucerne Valley, CA
    Yes that includes shipping.

4. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    What colors?

5. Serina81

Mar 5, 2009
    Lucerne Valley, CA
    Dun, brown, salmon, grey, tawny...they're in a mixed flock and there is a huge range of colors (mixed as in colors, not breeds)

6. Mervin

Mervin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2010
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I actually have a few questions. The male in the picture looks to be rosecombed, is that correct? If so, is the whole flock RC? When you say the lay pretty well, is that like 3-4 per week?

7. Serina81

Mar 5, 2009
    Lucerne Valley, CA
    It's about half and half rose comb and single comb. They lay about 5 eggs a week-medium sized cream and beige eggs.

8. bookerdog

bookerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Oregon
    Maybe I missed it but, how many eggs is that for 30.00 Will they ship monday?

9. Serina81

Mar 5, 2009
    Lucerne Valley, CA
    It's for a dozen eggs and I ship on monday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by