Dosent it make you mad....getting desperate. Needs home soon

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by featherfinder, Jul 21, 2011.

1. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

When people get an animal and its not what they were expecting so get rid of it. Im sure most people that read this have read my other thread biting conure! Well yet again we took in another one. This time from an even worse home. It is another green cheek. He has no name but needs a new home. We have 2 conures as is and are trying to work with the 1 and 2 indoor ducks. This is alot of unexpected work. I can not keep this 3rd one so if anyone could please give him a loving home and someone willing to work with him. He was abused and under fed. He came from someone in my complex moving out and just left him by the trash. I put him in the buy sell section if any one wants to look at him. I am asking $100 plus shipping. (bird and cage) or i can drop him off or meet someone if close to me. Please anyone who can help.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    [​IMG] It happens. I've always been told that Parakeets are great for first time bird owners so my boyfriend got me two for christmas. They're nothing like I expected. I tried to socialize them and hold them, feed them treats, nothing worked and I eventually lost interest. Now because I don't think about them much they sometimes get forgotten and I may not change their water one day, etc. Now would you rather I try to rehome the parakeets with somebody that might be more patient than I and they get the love and attention they deserve, or would you rather I kept them and they stay in their cage and sometimes get forgotten?

Needless to say I'm trying to rehome them.

3. featherfinder

Quote:Yeah i understand. Only 1 of the birds I have was bought because i wanted it. The other 2 were pretty much given to me well one was out for the trash [​IMG] I have been trying to work with the one i already had and the one i bought it friendly. I dont have the time to put into another bird and/or the space for him. But at least now he is getting food and water like he should.

4. tiny529

tiny529 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Oh I wish I could! I have a Green-Cheek Conure and she's such an awesome bird! But I'm in PA, my husband already said, "No more birds!", and I've got a no-more-pets-until-some-that-we-already-have-pass-away policy (granted, I recently got a bunch of chickens, but they are for eggs... Yeah, yeah, they are for eggs!! [​IMG])

I hope that you can find a good home for the little guy/girl! I do so love Green-Cheeks.

5. featherfinder

Tell your husband i am willing to ship him! lol. I cant find him a home anywhere [​IMG] he is at my moms right now and she has a phobea of birds and i need to get him out but have no room at my place.

The only reason he is $100 and not free is because I took him to the vet as soon as we got him to get him a clean bill of health.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  6. tiny529

tiny529 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Quote:I think me getting another bird would be grounds for divorce. [​IMG] He's only accepting of the ones we've got because I had them before we met.

7. featherfinder

lol. ok guess i will keep looking then.

8. Luvs chickens

Luvs chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Massachusettes
    I have a red throat and he was EVIL when I got him from a neglected situation (Along with a pair of whitefaced tiels).Now he is my best bud. ( I have had him for 6 weeks). Also just acquired a blue and gold macaw ( still working on trust with this guy).I wish I could take him but, if I add another cage, my husband will freak. [​IMG]

9. featherfinder

Quote:He comes with cage and all!!!! not even a huge cage. Hubby wont even notice lol. Just sneak him in real quick. I am pretty desperate at this point. And i refuse to give him to a pet shop or spca where i have no idea if he will be abused again.

10. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Quote:He comes with cage and all!!!! not even a huge cage. Hubby wont even notice lol. Just sneak him in real quick. I am pretty desperate at this point. And i refuse to give him to a pet shop or spca where i have no idea if he will be abused again.

Well... can you post pictures???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by