Dothan AL Peanut Festival Show

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by pidgey104, Nov 7, 2011.

1. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Took my birds to this show yesterday. Cost $5 a bird to enter. I took 8 birds. Some reason they didnt get my Enty Forms and Money Order. But they let me put my birds in anyway. The 4 H kids brought their Birds in. They don't know a hen from a rooster. Had two White Non Bearded Silkkies they were calling a pair but they are two roosters LOL. Plus they are showing Production reds and Sexlinks. I couldnt help it had a argument with a lady that brought in two barred hens. One was a Barred rock outher a dom. She said they were both Doms and I tried to nexplain to her about the combs. But she said Barred Rocks were different. The ones enter them also put put them down as Doms. LOL Oh boy........ Guess will see how this show goes. I'll know by Thursday. Wish me luck.

2. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Got back from the show yesterday.
    I won 1st and 2nd in open show.
    My White Laced Red Cornish hen took frist place and my buff Orpington rooster took 2nd.
    My Buff Orpington Hen took best of breed.
    I think the judge didnt know what he was doing. Heard him talking to another lady About Amerucanas and how they lay all different kinds of color eggs. Blue, Pink, White, and green. LOL I said "you mean Easter Eggers since real Amerucanas only lay blue eggs". He said "there is no such thing as a Easter Egger chicken. Amerucanas come in all different colors and lay all different color eggs.."
    Plus he told me why my BLRW didnt place is because their mixed and don't have yellow legs. [​IMG]
    I'll post pictures later.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by