double checking electrolytes..

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by vsmenagerie, Jul 30, 2011.

1. vsmenagerie

vsmenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    I got a package of durvet electrolyte and vitamins when at the feed store today, when I picked up feed, feeders, ect. I just wanted to double check what I found when searching, that I can add a (scant?) 1/4 tsp per quart of water? I got the waterers that I can add a glass jar to. And, how long do I give this to them? I forgot shavings, but going back on monday lol

Getting excited for little babies [​IMG]

Thanks!
    Virginia

2. 2hot2chicken

2hot2chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    Not farmillier with the brand but I would follow the directions on the package if it is meant for chickenss. I use "Sav a Chick" because it coomes in premeasured packets 1 for 1 gallon of water.
    Someone else hee might be more familier with the brand and might know better.

3. vsmenagerie

vsmenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    I searched it and its been used before. It can be used for chickens. I didnt see anything else really, they had this and then some calf stuff lol I may need to check in a different spot.

ETA: Ok I searched again and got this: http://www.durvet.com/dl/Durvet-Poultry-Brochure.pdf page 11. 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. So I'll just mix up a gallon at a time.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by