Double laced blue barnvelder

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ranchchick79, Aug 21, 2013.

1. ranchchick79

ranchchick79 New Egg

Feb 22, 2013
    texas
    My 7 year old son is interested in showing chickens. We have been looking at different breeds and have fallen in love with the double laced blue barnvelders. Can we show those?

2. Apdeb

Apdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2013
    Woodbridge Ct
    No sorry!!!

3. ranchchick79

ranchchick79 New Egg

Feb 22, 2013
    texas
    Well that's disappointing. :( is there a website that has accepted breeds and colors for showing? Thanks for the quick response!

4. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    you can if your showing in a fair but if it's a sanctioned show APA rules then probably not.

5. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    You should be able to show it in the all other category of a show!

6. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    You can show them. However, since they're not a recognized variety the best they can place is Best Of Variety & in as much as you'll probably have the only ones there what's the point.
    BTW-despite what many here continue to claim neither the APA nor the ABA offer AOV classes in their sanctioned shows.

7. Apdeb

Apdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2013
    Woodbridge Ct
    Thank you ny reds !!!!!! Any child of 7 who wants to show birds should be encouraged to follow sop!!!! Thats the bird bible!!! I like the colored birds but i only own double laced barnies!!!

8. ranchchick79

ranchchick79 New Egg

Feb 22, 2013
    texas
    Thank you everyone for your advice. We don't know anything about showing chickens yet so we appreciate all your help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by