Double Laced Orpington

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the SOP' started by CountryFlock, Jul 14, 2017.

1. CountryFlock

CountryFlock Songster

Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    Hello everybody, I am currently undergoing a project for Double Laced Orpingtons. Many people think double laced orpingtons are Partridge Orpingtons. Partridge is actually multiple laced.

I wanted to know everybody's thoughts on this and to share some of your knowledge. I just started this project.

It essentially I hope to be an English Orpington just like this but with double lacing. Has anyone thought about this? Would you buy chicks if this project works? Thanks

Note* I will not be using Barnevelder for this project, I will only be using English Orpingtons*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    MINDANAO DAVE and ChickNanny13 like this.
  2. chicks are life

chicks are life Songster

Feb 11, 2016
    North carolina
    Ha ha first one anyways:

I love double laced and would pay for them to be shipped great project

MINDANAO DAVE likes this.
  3. The Moonshiner

The Moonshiner Professional Chicken Tender

Nov 17, 2016
    Missouri
    Would all depend what you were asking for them.
    Sounds like they would be some pretty birds.
    Couple dollars a piece I'd buy all I could get. Anything like breeders were asking for the laced Orpingtons when they first started showing up I wouldn't even consider buying.

4. I just saw a double laced rooster listed on our local craigslist (barnevelder)....it was $30!! I had never heard of it until today. The double lacing is beautiful!!

5. Neil Sheridan

Neil Sheridan In the Brooder

Sep 5, 2017
    In my opinion you will probably be wasting your time. I have tried this and it looks a mess on Orps. stick to single lacing.
    partridge orpington on the  range.jpg

6. I agree, it would depend on price. I'd want to see lots of pics of the breeding stock, too. (Partly because I love seeing pics of Orpingtons. So big and fluffy!!)

7. Do you have any close-up photos? I can't seem to make the image bigger. Did you only make the color combo in your photo? Because maybe a higher contrasting color combo like black and white would work better?

Vivid Hatchery likes this.
  8. Neil Sheridan

Neil Sheridan In the Brooder

Sep 5, 2017
    It may work better. trouble is orps are "fluffy" and it seems to affect the pattern. i only keep solid colours now

Attached Files:

9. Wow, I think that's gorgeous!!!!

MatthewsHomestead likes this.
  10. dreamwallaby

dreamwallaby Songster

Apr 18, 2010
    Camden County NJ
    look up silver penciled orpingtons, they are available

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: