1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

double yoaker today (pics)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by reggiejr, Oct 13, 2009.

1. reggiejr

reggiejr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2009
    maine
    got one last week too and forgot to take pictures.I got some this time:D.this egg was a monster i figured it had to be a double yoaker and sure enough it was.it was from one of my red sex link hens.

[​IMG]

here it is near a normal sized egg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    [​IMG] Gotta love those double yolkers! I noticed that my comets (redsexlinks) lay those all the time. Love em'!!

3. intownfarmer

intownfarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2009
    I get two or three a week from my golden comets (redsex links) Some are huge, poor girls must be sore after they lay those.

4. 1birdlady

1birdlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    We get one about every 5-6 days from one our BR's.....and the GD's are so excited, that it is "their" hen that has done this...what a hoot! [​IMG]

5. Lensters

Lensters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Adair Village, OR
    If I'm not mistaken, it isn't just a double yolker, it is a double egg or an egg inside an egg. Did you notice that there is two layers of shell?

6. isa25

isa25 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2009
    White Cloud
    I get 1 monster egg about 5 times a week. I have Isa Browns. I feel sorry for my girl but I wish I could figure out which one it is. And they are always double yolkers. Sorry this pic was pre-wash. Wanted to get it before I forgot. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ChurpyChicken

ChurpyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Buxton/Leek
    Ours have never laid a double yoaker ! Would be lovely if they did!

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wow, thats some egg! Congrats! [​IMG]

9. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    How do hens get double yokers? [​IMG]

10. GA Peach in VA

GA Peach in VA Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2009
    Central Virginia
    We got a double yolker on Monday! Couldn't take a pic of it cause DH used it to make cornbread muffins. [​IMG] Thank goodness he's a good cook!! [​IMG] I would have really been upset if the muffins didn't turn out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by