Double Yolk Egg Fertilzed

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happi752, Sep 22, 2009.

1. happi752

happi752 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Casa Grande
    WOW!!! OMG I am sooooooo excited. One of my white rocks, her name is queen elizabeth. She laid a double yolk egg on Sept. 18th. I placed it with other eggs in the bator.

It official!!!!! I candled tonight!!! Its fertilized. Both yolks are fertilized!!!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhh [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. pax12

pax12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    PA
    good luck [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JMPE

JMPE Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2009
    Western Wisconsin
    That is cool! [​IMG]

Good luck!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Cool ,good luck! Did you see the thread about the lady that actually hatched a double yoker? Try to search for it..
    I'll be following this thread!

5. happi752

Sep 12, 2009
    Casa Grande
    Yes I did see her thread and we watched her video also. So when this big double yolk popped out, I was sooooo excited. I tried to take a photo of the candling but it turned out real grainy. I will post it here anyway.

[​IMG]

I know you cant see too much here. Both Yolks are definitely fertile.

6. sandyj

sandyj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    How can you tell its a double yolk by the pic? [​IMG]

sandyj

7. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Quote:You can see the two yolks floating atht etop of the egg. I'll be following this [​IMG]

8. happi752

Sep 12, 2009
    Casa Grande
    Yes I know the picture was very grainy. I will candle again in a few days and try taking another picture. Hopefully it will turn out better. When I candled it last night, each yolk has its own spider web veins coming off of them. This is going to be so exciting (and challenging) for me. I am sooooooo excited.

9. happi752

Sep 12, 2009
    Casa Grande
    I am at day 9 with this double yolk egg. I just candled. This is so exciting!!!!! I hope they don't quit on me. Here is an updated photo of it. I am really nervous about this one. I have lots of movement inside the egg. I think this might even be a triple yolk with 3 babies inside. I have movement in the top of the egg (big end) and I have movement in the lower end (small end of the egg) and then in the center of the egg is still a lot more movement. Has anyone ever hatched out a triple yolk?????

Here is a photo I took with my camera when I candled today.

[​IMG]

are ther 2 or 3 peeps in there?

10. crzychknluvr

crzychknluvr Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2009
    The great northwest
    WOW!!! That is sooooo neat. I'll be watching. So do they consider fraternal or identical? Good Luck maybe a little prayer wouldn't hurt.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by