Double yolk eggs of any kind wanted

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Erka97, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Erka97

Erka97 Chirping

Mar 30, 2017
    Hello.
    I am currently setting up an experiment on the survivability of double yolked eggs, as I am a biology student. Therefore, I am in need of as many double yolked eggs as I can find of any species.
    I'll pay for them, but hopefully less than normal since they're not usually used for hatching and are pretty unlikely to actually hatch out.
    I'd also like to hear about hatching eggs for any interesting kind of chicken, duck, turkey, or whatever other bird people might have. I'm a bit addicted to hatching strange things.. My current strangest is an emu; hatched last May, already bigger than me when he wants to be!

2. Just a little word of advice; people will be more likely to sell you double-yolk eggs if you pay more instead of less, since they are rarer. Good luck with your project!

ejtrout31 likes this.
  3. Erka97

Erka97 Chirping

Mar 30, 2017
    That's strange to me, since they are usually thrown away anyway [or eaten] and they're very unlikely to actually hatch. Still, I'll talk payment with whoever offers any and work that out.

I had to pay more for my possibly twin emu eggs.. 55$ each, but then again they're emus and I had to compete with both other hatchers and people wanting the eggs for art. Here's a picture of my current possible twin 51814859_1487544481376062_8671963987702710272_n.png

I'm looking for some with thinner shells, though, so I can better observe development. Also, 55$ per egg is pretty steep a price for a college student trying to hatch what would usually be considered "miracle chicks."

ejtrout31 and Abriana like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: