1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

double yolk pullet egg.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lilwhispers, Sep 8, 2010.

1. lilwhispers

lilwhispers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Idaho
    Our chickens started laying a few weeks ago. My mom sent the second dozen home with me. My kids and I were making omlets with them and found a double yolker. I had to call my dad and let him know. Then this last week end we had a picnic at my parents my dad was telling me that when the were slicing the boiled eggs for the potato salad they found another one with 2 yolks still pullet egg size. I told my dad we must have a hen that is laying double yolkers. What do you guys think???[​IMG]

2. kybeagle

kybeagle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    I just got my first egg from 20 pullets that are 17 weeks old and it was a double yolker also! [​IMG]

3. NevadaRon

NevadaRon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Dayton
    What kind of chickens are they? I was told I would get a lot of double-yolkers with Red Sex Links (I have four of them). I got a double-yolker the first day! [​IMG]

4. lilwhispers

lilwhispers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Idaho
    Ours are let see, dark cornish, EE's, Black Australorp,RIR,and Barred Rock. Plus we have 3 fawn and white runners I think we have had 1 egg from them not sure how many boys and girls there are of them. With the chickens we have 13 hens and 4 roosters.

5. wilmothfarms

wilmothfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Cecilia Kentucky
    Hey! Had to join in....My Leghorn pullet has been laying for a month now...she lays double yolker about every other day from day one. My Sex links havent laid any double yolkers yet, in fact I've not gotten any egg oddities except the one from my Leghorn....2 for the price of one! Here is a picture (I hope I do the picture insert right)
    [​IMG][/img]

6. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Our Barred and Buff Rocks lay double yokers consistantly. I know it is because their young but I like to think it is because they are strong and healthy, and they are!

7. 4 luv of eggs

4 luv of eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    A few day after a few of mine started laying, we got a small bullet shaped egg. It had two tiny yolks inside. So cute.

8. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    I was out of town when my RIR pullet decided to produce a double. [​IMG]

But my neighbor who takes care of our chickens enjoyed it!

9. toto65

toto65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Holland, VT
    My 6 five month old Amberlink pullets have been laying at least 50% double yolkers since they started laying at 15 weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by