Double Yolk!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by doggielove, Jan 24, 2013.

1. doggielove

doggielove Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2012
    Maine
    Had my first double yolk today! The egg was very large - the largest we've had and today my daughter cracked it open for lunch and there it was. I was so excited I screamed....daughter was not impressed. Not sure if it came from my barred rock or buff orpington, but they are all about 8 mos. old.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] double yolks are always exciting!

3. RMo2

RMo2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    Those are always cool! When my girls started laying we would get one or two double yolk eggs a week. We haven't had any in a while now though. Our double yolks were always very elongated eggs. [​IMG]

4. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    XD she must not have been excited. One of our hens laid a double yolk, and my mom sent me the video. I was in my PE class, and I literally showed all my PE classmates. They all laughed at me, like it was the funniest thing ever. I didn't care. XD

5. gingerpeach22

gingerpeach22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Fairbanks
    Congratulations. Isn't that a kick in the pants to find a double yolker? My avatar photo is of my first one.

6. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    It really is a kick in the pants to find those. My only double yolker was from an Easter Egger and I'm so sorry I didn't blow it out and save the shell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by