double yolker hATCHING HELP RELLY NEEDED

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lalalovinlil, Aug 27, 2013.

1. lalalovinlil

lalalovinlil Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2012
    PLEASE HELP ME i pippied at the round end and they are wiggling and peeping but not much

2. callieisspooky

callieisspooky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2012
    Carmel Valley, CA
    I'm new to hatching so I don't have a clue what to do at this point :( But I did read on the eggtopsy thread that a chick can pip through a vein and bleed to death. The only thing I can think of is buying the first aid powder that stops bleeding and applying it to the vein if you can identify the source of the bleed? Good luck I hope they are both ok.

3. lalalovinlil

Sep 22, 2012
    It thank you for responding your the only one I can see one beak and she is perfectly healthy

4. callieisspooky

callieisspooky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2012
    Carmel Valley, CA
    Hooray, hope the other is ok too! I had twins myself, I know there are so many potential complications (I'm sure same is true for chickens!)

5. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    How do you know there's two in there? When is it due? Why did you pip it for them?

There's an awesome video of a lady who assisted her twin chickens in hatching. You have to be very careful though- if you assist before they're ready, it will kill them.

6. lalalovinlil

Sep 22, 2012
    I saw two embryos its larger heavier and it's due today I pipped for them because everyone said they heard it peeping and turns out it could not get to the shell it was stuck between the membrains

7. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I have a huge egg, with twins, I don't plan on helping when it is their turn to hatch. I am hoping the egg is large enough as they grow there will be room. My only concern is one embryo is on top of the other like a totum pole. I hope this is okay. pic's soon.

8. lalalovinlil

Sep 22, 2012
    It's fine they will move as they grow my twins are doing ok lots of blood but they are surviving since the blood is shared between both

9. lalalovinlil

Sep 22, 2012
    [​IMG]
    This is her now she's an ancona duckling and her twin is trying to pip through on the left

10. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    cute!
    My hen always lays large eggs so I didn't expect this one to be a double.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by