DOUBLE yolker - yolk Hatched! Video p. 16 ** 13 Week PICS ** p. 51

needmorechickens!

Songster
11 Years
Jul 2, 2008
West TN
I have two double yolkers in the bator. Today is day 19 for one and day 20 for the other. The one on day 20 is peeping!
yippiechickie.gif

What do I do?!!
barnie.gif

I know doubles aren't able to hatch (usually), so when do I help?
It was a double when I put it in there, but what if only one survived, then if I help I may create a problem!!
I need some advice...please!
~Rebecca

edited to add link to video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooo, maybe you'll get a double chicken! Sorry, I have no words of wisdom for you, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and will be on the lookout for updates.
Good luck!

Has it pipped the shell yet or is it just peeping? I would wait till it pips the shell, but idk. Hope all goes well for you, I would be a nervous wreck!!

I don't know but I will be watching this thread. I would wait too...I am not a big one on interfering but with a double I have no clue. Good luck!

Yes!! Take pics!!! I hope it goes well! I can't offer any advice either, but I hope someone comes along that can give you some sort of advice be it in theory, or experience. Good luck!!

Oh please don't leave us hanging...take pictures whether it makes it or not... i think this is a great thread of information for others who may have questions on this again. A lot of people have questions about this constantly!

Hi!
That's so exciting!
I hope it turns out well for you all.
Knowing you are trying to hatch a double-yolker, I would start 'helping' right now. If one has pipped, then the other might have pipped into the wrong end and might need help.
I hope you don't compromise your other eggs in the hatcher trying to save this one.
Good luck!
smile.png

Lisa

It has NOT pipped - it is peeping and I can see movement in the air cell when candling....
I'm on day 20 so don't know if I should intervene...
<<<biting my nails>>>>
~Rebecca

Back
Top Bottom