Double yolkers-everyday ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pheasantnchicks, Sep 23, 2009.

1. pheasantnchicks

pheasantnchicks New Egg

Apr 18, 2009
    Curious, " Speckles " is very different. Dont have a clue as to her bread. But every day like clock work for 4 months now she lays a 'double yolk egg' . Is that normal ? She reminds me of a loyal puppy. Stays at the door way steps back to be fed. Waits when I fill the water, then instantly drinks. And walks into the hen house, and watchs as I check the eggs without fail. Its weird , but I enjoy watching. Its as if shes a little child waiting on mom . None of the other girls do this 13 girls and 3 boys. [​IMG]

My e-mail address

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I've heard that when chickens first start laying it is common to get double yolkers, but not consistantly! Count your blessings!

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Crazy! I have never heard of a hen laying double yolkers all the time!

4. Capone

Capone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Rhode Island
    wow what a great bird. wish i had a whole flock like that lol

5. NotTheMomma

NotTheMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

When I was a kid, we use to get eggs from this lady that ALWAYS had a dozen of double yolks for us!!

I have two that consistently lay double yolks, and one that lays a triple yolker at least once a week!

6. pheasantnchicks

pheasantnchicks New Egg

Apr 18, 2009
    Figured I'd be weird and get the strange lady. Oh I do enjoy her. Still reading on all the info . So I dont ask a question already asked. One step at a time. Its been almost a year now since I've started with the babies.

Will take some pictures and load them .[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by