Double yolkers -- love to share those

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jtbrown, Nov 4, 2011.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    When my chickens first started laying, I gobbled those double yolkers and would never share with others.

Now, I have matured and double yolks bring flash bang smiles from all of my customers, so I hardly ever let them get eaten at home now. Anyone else found this to be true? I mean, they go crazy about the "bonus" they got.

Not all of my EE are laying yet, so as each girl pitches in to start laying, we have gotten quite a few double yolks! I will miss it when they all get in the groove!

2. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I know exactly what you mean. It was still exciting for me to find eggs everyday, so I let the customers have the joy of finding the surprise of a double yolk.
    It actually turned out to be good business because they would share the excitement of getting a double yolk, which made other want to buy.

3. annep

annep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    My children would fight over the double yolkers! Now, anytime my 3yo sees a big egg, he insists that it's a double yolker...

4. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    gave one to my sister, who lives 5 hours away, the next day I got a picture text...blueberry muffins and in the middle of the mix, my double yolker! She had to share!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by