double yolkers??

jmckeon

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 11, 2010
quick question one of my girls lay a double yolker on her first egg not sure if that was a fluke since i have not gotten a double yolker since? the 4 girls are all isa browns and i have heard that isa browns will lay double yolkers but not sure how often and when if they do any help would be apreciated since im clueless on the suject

Aren't those double yolkers neat? I have some Golden Buffs, and they occasionally lay a really big egg that is a double yolker. It just happens occasionally. I think, there's no rhyme or reason to them, you just get them once in a while. I'm sure some breeds lay them more often than others though. I just look at getting the double yolkers as a fun bonus!

yah the double yolker was really neat we brought the eggs in and my wife was antsy about using them right away since she has never had fresh eggs like that(or anything not from a store) and when i cracked it open and out came 2 it was like christmas
smile.png

they are so much fun to get, my boys love them, it has always made me wonder why that was not bred for. There for a while I was getting 2 a week, I think I got one yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom