Douglas County, CO members!

Wild Hair

Chirping
Mar 30, 2016
Kansas
Hey all. I'm in need of suggestions. We are looking for places to board 1-3 goats. I say one to three because we recently moved to Parker and had to leave our three goats behind with family. Upon recent visits, we've become unhappy with the care they're under, mostly an issue with fresh water. My wife and I took in a day old Boer goat shortly after our miscarriage and he quickly became her baby. He is the one when I say one to three goats. He was raised with four dogs and he's fixed so he's a lovable, easy going goat. He had problems early on with bladder stones so, for the first few months of his life, he lived in our laundry room. Slowly we acquired a male dwarf Nigerian and a female nubian/alpine. Neither of the two are fixed. We would love to bring them along as well as long as finances permit it. If anyone on here wouldn't mind housing our goat, we would be more than happy to pay a reasonable monthly fee. If not, please leave me any suggestions you can think of. Thanks in advance.

Welcome.
I can't help as I'm clear on the other side of the metro area but I do have a friend who was in a similar situation. Goats are everywhere in the front range and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a place to keep them. Look on CL. Call the county extension office (in Castle Rock) and ask about 4-H groups that specialize in goats, sheep, alpacas. Find a vet that practices on goats. Come over to the Colorado forum in the "where are you " section. I know there are some on the south side and Parker. They should be able to give you some good contacts.

keep us updated. I'm in the black forest area, but I'm boarding with the in-laws. I will check with them about boarding your goats. I am hoping to learn how to handle and keep goats for the future and would love the practice. Good luck!

We went back home to Kansas this weekend and moved them to another farm where they will be well taken care of. My wife would love them to be out here though, so let me know what they say. I appreciate the concern and willingness to help.

Back
Top Bottom