~downsizing ~ have hens and larger chicks~~TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Promiselandfarm, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my goodness I have been selling hens like hotcakes here....anyone else? Anyway we are NPIP and this year the vet through in a new test the avian flu testing for ducks and chickens...mine are *all clean* and good to go... I have several hens that are RIRs, some mixes and others. The chicks are unique types we have two that are Barred Buffs, several other pures and sexlinks and a few EEs
    Pricing for the hens right now is $10 each only because we are heading into fall other wise they would be $15 the larger chicks are $7

2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    How old are the chicks and hens? Do you have pics of any ee's that you may have? Thanks!

3. Promiselandfarm

We have various ages on the chicks and the hens.... Most hens are a year and under

4. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I just mapquested your city and I thought we were closer [​IMG] Oh well.

5. Promiselandfarm

'Well Knoxville is only 4 hours if you drive a tad fast.... 5 if drive the limit. Edited to add that we will be showing at the state fair and selling some of those hens and roosters there. They are having an APA judge.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  6. Promiselandfarm

So so happy for my family and farm...we put chickens in the state fair and they had a APA judge this year. Our Blue Wyndotte rooster took first place is the open show(we are not member of APA) our other chickens placed first and second a good deal. If you are looking to purchase roosters or hens go to Nashville state fair you can take them home that day. All chickens are tested before showing. I could not be more thrilled about our placing as all of them were ones we raised...We have sold several there and if they end up coming home will be for sale here as we are trying hard to cut down some....got too many(*chicken addiction thing ya know)

7. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    Do you have any EEer hens that are laying either green or blue eggs? [​IMG]

8. Promiselandfarm

I have a few EE pullets they are almost to the point of lay but no hens sorry. My Am hen that won first place at the fair got stolen...she had a not for sale sign on her cage....gone without a trace.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  9. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    PM sent [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by