Downsizing in Central IN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Netherfieldmom, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Netherfieldmom

Netherfieldmom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2007
    Hi all--still trying to downsize a little in Central Indiana. I have 6 RIR hens, healthy, clean, laying 2.5 yr. old hens and a nice barred rock rooster 1.5 yr. old. He's getting beaten up by the banty rooster, so I'd like him to get his own place. Those little banties are such bullies!! This is a greater starter flock for anyone wanting to try out chickens. Free to EXCELLENT home...

2. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    how much for all please

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    froggy, read the last paragraph. Free to excellent home

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:man oh man...............sure wish you were closer........how kind of you to offer them free...............I KNOW you will find a home fast.

5. Netherfieldmom

Jul 11, 2007
    What I meant to say was, FREE TO Eggs-ellent home, especially if you don't have another rooster, already.

6. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    well I am close to nashville tenn would love to have them where you located please

7. Jemjoop

Jemjoop Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2007
    Caledonia, IL
    I'm in NE Illinois, about an hour from Chicago so I could possibly pick them up (will they be happy in a tiny Toyota hybrid for the drive?). We just bought a house that came with a chicken coop and I'm dying to get some hens as pets- and I can't find anybody selling them. We're not set up for hatching eggs either.
    The only thing is, we're not allowed to have a rooster here. Would you consider rehoming them without him?

8. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    Hello-I'm pretty near you-just outside Lafayette. I know someone who is looking for a barred rock roo. They lost theirs several months ago and have not replaced him.
    Have you found homes for all yet?
    PM me you email addy or contact me at the other BYC...talk to you soon.

9. Ms E

Ms E Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    I'm in East Central Indiana and am interested in your RIR's or Americauna's. They will be pets and spoiled rotten.

Ms. E

PM me at [email protected]

10. Netherfieldmom

Jul 11, 2007
    Wow--I'm so excited to have some options! The bad/weird news is the poor roo died last night!! I have no idea why...last week he seemed a little "off" and I told dear hubby, who thought I was crazy. I saw him standing by the waterer in the sunshine, sleeping during the day...weird. Then on Sunday we were working on fence out there and he was fine, pecking and scratching all afternoon. Then yesterday he was in the house too early, on the floor by the door, not on the roost. He had his eyes closed and his comb was all purple and his legs seemed pale. I put the plexi in the windows to shield the wind some, but I told the kiddos that it didn't look good for him and this morning he was gone. [​IMG] He was only two. Everyone else seems totally fine. I am cleaning out house today.

Sooooo, I have a first caller on the hens. If you would like to be a "back-up" in case that doesn't work out, please reply and I'll notify everyone who responds. Thank you for your interest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by